Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween Recap

Here is Kiddo's take on Halloween. The video's a bit wonky because he kept trying to sit on my lap, and I kept trying to get him in front of the camera. Sigh...


He got his first real taste of Halloween this year, and I think he's decided he likes it. I didn't really have a costume for him, but at the last minute I saw a sticker depicting Linus basically like this:

and I realized Kiddo has essentially the same outfit, and a blue fuzzy blanket... plus, he's quite precocious like Linus. So, voila! In two minutes, we created his costume. I did add the sticker to his shirt to "clarify." Daddy-O was shaking his head at me, telling me it wasn't a costume, but at least 3 people stopped and said, "Awwww! He's Linus-- how cute!!!" So there, Daddy-O, it is a costume, and it didn't cost us anything. HA!

We had perfect weather-- 75 degrees... on HALLOWEEN... in the MIDWEST...? Oh, yeah. But we decided it would be easier to keep Kiddo in line if he trick-or-treated at the Mall. We covered about 3/4 of the Lower Level and he ended up with way more candy than we would ever let him eat. After stopping at about 3 stores, he turned to me and said, "This is cool!"

When we got to the Build-A-Bear, he ran into the store. We thought he wanted a bear. Nope, he had found a machine with lots of NUMBERS and BUTTONS, which if you pushed them, played MUSIC or ANIMAL SOUNDS. Kiddo thought he was in Heaven, and did not want to leave. Eventually we dragged him out, by bribing him with Smarties.

All in all, it was a fun evening for Kiddo, and whenever he sees the Trick or Treat bag, he gets excited. Maybe next year, we'll get him a real costume... if only I could sew! I have LOTS of ideas. But that's a whole other post in itself!

3 comments:

Kaela said...

Wonky, huh? That is a new word for me:) He looks pretty humayrah to me (okay I was looking for a new word to show off to you, lover of words:) You can find the definition on urbandictionary.com- I hope I used it right). Seriously though, pretty ingenious little costume!

Anonymous said...

wonky?!? OK! love the costume, very creative thinking! But then again, your whole family is full of creative thinkers!

Amy said...

way to go with the costume! :)