Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Oh, that Kiddo of mine!



Recently we checked this book out from the Library. I had never read it before, but the narrator promises to give the reader all sorts of fantastic and amazing things... on the First of Octember. Kiddo has known his months of the year for ages-- he used to carry calendars around when he was about two or so-- and he LOVES to make-believe so I thought he might get a kick out of the idea of an imaginary month.




The narrator also says that everyone has their own "First of Octember list--" you know, all those things that you'd love to have SOMEDAY if only you could. I'm sure I have a huge one, if I thought about it. So, anyway, after rereading the book today, Kiddo was announcing some things that are on his list. First, a play house. Second, a pool. Third?




Well, the third thing he mentioned was... a POTTY downstairs, in the LIVING ROOM, no less. Yep, Kiddo evidently dreams of the day when "if [he] has to go potty, [he] won't have to hurry and run upstairs!" Who knew? ;)



No comments: