
Don't know if anyone still reads this dumb blog, but if you do, here's some random stuff about me...
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:
Well, this is kind of sad, because 10 years ago...
1. My beloved grandmother had just passed away.
2. My boyfriend of a year broke up with me the month before-- although this turned out to be really a GOOD thing.
3. I cut about 8-10 inches off my hair because I just wanted to change SOMETHING. Wish I'd known then to donate it!
4. I was way behind in some of my college classes because of #1 and #2.
5. I was praying about whether to serve a mission or not. (I didn't)
5 Things on my to-do list today
1. Laundry, laundry, laundry!
2. Pack for the trip of a lifetime.
3. Upload, save, print out photos to take on trip.
4. Pick up prescriptions.
5. Try to eat well and get a good night sleep-- the past few weeks have been super-stressful.
5 Snacks I enjoy
1. Cake donuts with chocolate frosting.
2. Cookies-- well, pretty much anything baked.
3. Really good bread with butter
4. Ice cream sandwiches from Aldi-- they are delicious and inexpensive
5. Chips and dip
-- I am a junk-food junkie, obviously!
5 Things I would do if I were a Billionaire
1. Save for future (retirement, missions).
2. Pay for education of my kid, all my nieces and nephews, and get a nicer place for my Mom.
3. Adopt children, if they would let me!
4. Be like Oprah or Dikembe Mutumbo and build schools or hospitals, but probably in Lesotho.
5. Buy a house big enough for a room for my books and crafts!
6. Make that SIX things: I forgot that FIRST, I'd pay off all our school debt. DUH!
5 of my bad habits:
1. WORRYING about every possible thing.
2. The junk food thing... and then, not exercising.
3. Extreme perfectionism.
4. Procrastinating.
5. Forgetting to cook for my family because I'M not hungry...
... and there are plenty more bad habits where those came from! argh.
5 places I have lived
Well, let's put it this way: I've lived in 18 "homes" in 11 towns in 3 states, but all in the midwest!
5 Jobs I’ve had
1. Sales associate in Draperies and Domestics, Montgomery Ward
2. Babysitter in many forms and places
3. Student Clerk in Patient Transportation, UIHC
4. Clerk in Records & Special Testing dept., ACT
5. Educational Associate, Ames Community Schools
5 Things people probably don’t know about me
1. I like to sing really loud when nobody's home.
2. When I was a kid, I really wanted to be famous and I used to come up with my own plot lines for all my favorite TV shows, writing in a character for myself, of course! Now I have NO desire to be famous.
3. At different points in my life, I was a member of fan clubs for the Smurfs and New Kids on the Block.
4. I am addicted to what I believe to be the stupidest, shallowest show on television, but I'll bet you can't get me to tell you what it is!
5. Whenever I watch "You've Got Mail," I pretty much want to be Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan)... the clothes, the figure, the cool apartment/furniture, the upbeat personality, the book store-- only I wouldn't want mine to close!
So, if there's anyone out there still reading this blog, other than Kaela, I tag you! Amy? Melissa? Mom? Anybody?
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:
Well, this is kind of sad, because 10 years ago...
1. My beloved grandmother had just passed away.
2. My boyfriend of a year broke up with me the month before-- although this turned out to be really a GOOD thing.
3. I cut about 8-10 inches off my hair because I just wanted to change SOMETHING. Wish I'd known then to donate it!
4. I was way behind in some of my college classes because of #1 and #2.
5. I was praying about whether to serve a mission or not. (I didn't)
5 Things on my to-do list today
1. Laundry, laundry, laundry!
2. Pack for the trip of a lifetime.
3. Upload, save, print out photos to take on trip.
4. Pick up prescriptions.
5. Try to eat well and get a good night sleep-- the past few weeks have been super-stressful.
5 Snacks I enjoy
1. Cake donuts with chocolate frosting.
2. Cookies-- well, pretty much anything baked.
3. Really good bread with butter
4. Ice cream sandwiches from Aldi-- they are delicious and inexpensive
5. Chips and dip
-- I am a junk-food junkie, obviously!
5 Things I would do if I were a Billionaire
1. Save for future (retirement, missions).
2. Pay for education of my kid, all my nieces and nephews, and get a nicer place for my Mom.
3. Adopt children, if they would let me!
4. Be like Oprah or Dikembe Mutumbo and build schools or hospitals, but probably in Lesotho.
5. Buy a house big enough for a room for my books and crafts!
6. Make that SIX things: I forgot that FIRST, I'd pay off all our school debt. DUH!
5 of my bad habits:
1. WORRYING about every possible thing.
2. The junk food thing... and then, not exercising.
3. Extreme perfectionism.
4. Procrastinating.
5. Forgetting to cook for my family because I'M not hungry...
... and there are plenty more bad habits where those came from! argh.
5 places I have lived
Well, let's put it this way: I've lived in 18 "homes" in 11 towns in 3 states, but all in the midwest!
5 Jobs I’ve had
1. Sales associate in Draperies and Domestics, Montgomery Ward
2. Babysitter in many forms and places
3. Student Clerk in Patient Transportation, UIHC
4. Clerk in Records & Special Testing dept., ACT
5. Educational Associate, Ames Community Schools
5 Things people probably don’t know about me
1. I like to sing really loud when nobody's home.
2. When I was a kid, I really wanted to be famous and I used to come up with my own plot lines for all my favorite TV shows, writing in a character for myself, of course! Now I have NO desire to be famous.
3. At different points in my life, I was a member of fan clubs for the Smurfs and New Kids on the Block.
4. I am addicted to what I believe to be the stupidest, shallowest show on television, but I'll bet you can't get me to tell you what it is!
5. Whenever I watch "You've Got Mail," I pretty much want to be Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan)... the clothes, the figure, the cool apartment/furniture, the upbeat personality, the book store-- only I wouldn't want mine to close!
So, if there's anyone out there still reading this blog, other than Kaela, I tag you! Amy? Melissa? Mom? Anybody?

3 comments:
Thanks for filling this out! I LOVED reading it and LOVE the picture of you and your little man! My favorite was the list of the things people probably don't know about you. I am dying to know what show you are addicted to (I have my own tv show addiction I won't admit to). I love You've Got Mail too, and how fun would it be to have a little bookstore like that?!?!
Well, I thought I'd kept up with your pre-trip postings, but apparently I missed the two from late December. 'Fraid you'll have to help me more with the rules and "how-to's" in order for me to play 'tag' with you.
Love you BIG TIME!
I know, I'm way behind here. However, you forgot one of your hidden talents on your list of things people don't know about you--your fantastic Michael Jackson impersonation. :-) Perhaps you could post it in video format! Love ya baby sis!
Post a Comment