Monday, January 28, 2008

Yes, we are home!

We returned from our international adventure about 10 days ago, but I have been too tired to post anything, so there you go... But here are a very few photo highlights from our wonderful trip. I can't tell you how much we want to go back and see all our family and friends! :( (We also miss the gorgeous weather!)



Kiddo and I with his absolutely adorable and especially patient cousins, (L-R) Palesa, Bokang, "Jimmy" (aka, Tumisang), and Sello. P, J, and S are siblings. I am wearing a Sesotho scarf and apron that belonged to my mother-in-law.



He FINALLY did it-- After more than SIX months of cruising, our little darling is now walking on his own. I guess we just had to go 10,000 miles away so he could reach this milestone at his grandparents' home, with all his cousins cheering him on. How many kids do you know who learn to count to 10 in two languages and say their ABCs (minus L) BEFORE they walk on their own? What a goofball!!! He is very proud of himself as he toddles everywhere now.



Just a few of the many kids who came to play with our little guy. The boy in the front row making the exceedingly goofy face is our silly nephew, Jimmy. The little girl holding Elmo is our very sweet niece, Palesa. As you can see, we (well, maybe just the Kiddo-- and Elmo) are now international celebrities!



Okay, I will always love the plains and rolling hills of the Midwest, but I'll admit it-- mountains are beautiful, too. I so wish that I knew how to photo-shop a beautiful expression on to my face, too! Argh.



Much to our dismay, we discovered that our son LOVES cats. Here is the kitten he sat ON when I told him to sit NEXT to her for a picture. She was very sweet to not bite or scratch him and even stay for said photo opportunity.

Well, little guy just woke up from nap and is tearfully demanding Mama's attention, so that's all for now!

7 comments:

Mom-mo said...

Great photos and commentary! Hoping you'll post more. (Will you hate me if I say that first glimpse I thought maybe you were wearing Kabuki make-up?)
Love you, sweet paleface!
Mom-mo

Mom-mo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachael M said...

Gee, thanks, Mom!

I think the kinder way to say that is, "Wow! Sitting amongst all those gorgeous, brown-skinned children really makes your ivory complexion seem all the more striking!"

Amy said...

what a fun adventure! I don't envy the plane ride but it looks beautiful there.

Kaela said...

Wow, wow, wow. Looks like an experience of a lifetime. You will probably get to do this more than once, maybe even more than a few times, huh! You lucky girl!! It looks like you had so much fun. Thanks for the pictures and captions. Oh, and my skin would be just as white next to their beautiful brown skin. I don't have your beautiful dark hair either, so I would stick out like a sorer thumb:)

Papyrus said...

Thanks so much for posting these and sharing stories of your journey. - your cousin Joshua

alindamomof5 said...

Hey Rachel, loved seeing your pictures. I'm so glad you had a great time. I want to go next time, o.k.? I had an amazing talk with Fred not long ago. The spirit pushed me to call him, and I have hopes for the future for your wonderful neices. I love those kids so much. please call me soon, i misplaced your phone number. I can call you right back, I have free long distance. Did you get some Costco vitamins yet? Let me know if you need me to order them for you? Love ya Much. Alinda