Monday, January 28, 2008

God Be With You Till We Meet Again


Gordon B. Hinckley
(23 June 1910- 27 January 2008)
Have you heard the news?

A truly great man with a kind, wise, and gentle spirit, a keen mind, and a wonderful sense of humor has passed away. (If I still have any non-LDS readers out there, Gordon B. Hinckley was the President of our Church for the last 12 years, most of the 13.5 that I have been a member.) His life was a legacy of service and devotion to God, and to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

On a personal note, I am so sad. I love President Hinckley-- and so does my Kiddo. My husband and I were talking just last night how Kiddo can always correctly pick out the Prophet from pictures in the Ensign or Friend. He gets so excited to see the "Poffif," or President "Hinky." How do you teach a 19-month-old that there will be a different prophet now?

I am glad, though, for my testimony the Church is true and the knowledge that we will still be led by a Prophet who lives the teachings of Jesus Christ, even if it's not President Hinckley, my "favorite."

No comments: