
What a lousy bookworm I am! Here it is, the end of February, and I just found out today that it has been "Library Lovers' Month" for the last 28 days. I didn't even celebrate, although I did read 5-- or was it 6-- books this month and we have gone to our Library several times.
When we first moved, I was very sad that I didn't think the library in our new town was "good enough." (I know, I'm such a snob-- but getting over it. Millions of people in the world don't even have public libraries in their town. What a horrible thought-- seriously!) But don't tell that to our little guy. He would go EVERY day if he could.
If you say the word "fun," he says, "Fun? Daddy. Wibewwy (Library)." Evidently, when I take him to the Library it's not such a big deal, but when DADDY takes him, it's fun. Whatever. As long as he loves the Library, I'm a happy Mama.
Yesterday, the Little Man made us laugh. We were, you guessed it, on the way to the Library when we got stuck behind an Amtrak train. We didn't have to wait too long, but it was annoying. Daddy-O and I groaned a little bit. But once the train pulled away, our Bookworm-in-Training, said, "No fun train."
Some kids like trains... our kid only likes them if they don't interfere with his trip to the Library.
When we first moved, I was very sad that I didn't think the library in our new town was "good enough." (I know, I'm such a snob-- but getting over it. Millions of people in the world don't even have public libraries in their town. What a horrible thought-- seriously!) But don't tell that to our little guy. He would go EVERY day if he could.
If you say the word "fun," he says, "Fun? Daddy. Wibewwy (Library)." Evidently, when I take him to the Library it's not such a big deal, but when DADDY takes him, it's fun. Whatever. As long as he loves the Library, I'm a happy Mama.
Yesterday, the Little Man made us laugh. We were, you guessed it, on the way to the Library when we got stuck behind an Amtrak train. We didn't have to wait too long, but it was annoying. Daddy-O and I groaned a little bit. But once the train pulled away, our Bookworm-in-Training, said, "No fun train."
Some kids like trains... our kid only likes them if they don't interfere with his trip to the Library.

1 comment:
So cute! Does W let you read to him? Kaden loves books, but won't let me read them to him:( It really makes me so sad, because I would love to have that time to sit with him and do something on the quieter side. Oh well, as long as he enjoys reading them to himself. Maybe that drive will get him reading early:)
Post a Comment