Wednesday, October 29, 2008

28, a day late

Kiddo hit 28 months last week, so I thought I'd dedicate a post to 28 Things Kiddo Loves. To be extra cute, I thought I'd post it yesterday, on the 28th, but somehow I didn't get it done. So here it is, a day late, but all still true!

1. Typing on the computer, a lot.
2. Coloring, a lot.
3. Leap Frog Videos from the Library-- he mostly has The Letter Factory memorized.

4. Yogurt.
5. PIZZA!!!
6. CD: "Snacktime!" by "The Ladies." I'm just not ready for him to be saying their whole name, though, ya know. But don't worry, Gobby, the whole CD is totally appropriate for my precocious toddler.

7. Making messes, as many as possible.
8. Making his own "music," heavy on the percussive sounds.
9. Nursery.
10. Having "friends" come to visit-- this includes family, out-of-town friends, and my Visiting Teachers.
11. Playing ball.
12. Both Books and Videos: Charlie and Lola!!!

13. His Mum's ever-so dreadful faux British accent. ("Do the voice, Mama!!!!")
14. Spelling-- I stopped counting, but I think he can spell over 100 words now.
15. Brushing his teeth, "by [him]self," thank you very much.
16. Book: "The First Thousand Words in Russian," which I bought for myself in college. I'm fairly certain he mostly just likes the pictures, since he can't read Cyrillic. He can, however, count to ten in Russian now.

17. Taking baths with his foam letters and numbers.
18. Book: HAROLD AND THE PURPLE CRAYON, by Crockett Johnson. He's got most of this classic memorized, also.
19. Song: "Like Me and You," by Raffi.
20. Arguing with Mama about the lyrics to #19. He insists it's "Bolga lives in Russia" instead of "Olga lives in Russia!!!"
21. Even though he's never seen Madagascar yet, he likes to sing "I Like to Move It, Move It," as taught to him by the Daddy-O.
22. Hugs and Kisses from Mommy and Daddy-O.
23. Asking Mommy to sign words, or if I don't know the sign, to finger-spell them!
24. "Dancing" and singing loudly in restaurants, stores, Church, or waiting rooms, but only if it's his idea.
25. His red tricycle, which he's too short to ride, but he likes to sit on it and pretend he's going to Target to "buy diapers."

26. The Phone Book. I am absolutely, positively not kidding. He even has a favorite page, which is only in one of the many phone books we've had delivered to us. Imagine your child saying, "Let's play, Mama. I will get the phone book!"
27. Looking (just about every day!) at photos from our trip to Lesotho.

28. Watching videos of the kids of our friends and family online, and asking me, "Who's that?"

So, there you go, a lot of Kiddo's current favorites. Of course, it's hardly worth mentioning that he still loves EIGHT and W, and the color red. Some things haven't changed!

2 comments:

Kaela said...

What a fun idea for a post! I didn't know 'the ladies' had a kid cd out- I just checked it out on iTunes and want it so bad now!! I saw a Charlie & Lola book at DI the other day that I am wishing I would have picked up now too. I've only seen their cartoon once, but thought it was really cute and especially loved their accents... speaking of accents... I want to hear yours:) LOVE this post and all updates on W!!!

Anonymous said...

Great post! He is an amazing kiddo!