A few weeks ago, I commented to Kiddo that my back really hurt. He responded that his back really hurt, too.
I said, "Well, my back hurts because I am pregnant. Why does your back hurt?"
"I'm pwegnant, too!" he cheerfully replied.
I got a good laugh out of that but didn't think too much more about it, until a few days later. I guess I made some other remark about being pregnant, and Kiddo insisted, "You're not pwegnant; I'M pwegnant!"
"Really?" I asked. "You know that 'pregnant' means that you have a baby in your belly, right? Do you have a baby in your belly?"
"Yes. I do!"
"Really? But boys can't be pregnant. Only girls can be pregnant and have babies in their bellies."
Looking highly incensed, he replied, "Boys can too have babies in their bellies!" (Because, you know, anything girls can do, boys can do, too! :))
"Okay, so is your baby a boy baby or a girl baby?"
"A giwl baby."
"Oh, wow! What are you going to name her? Sarah? Anna? Elliana?"
He thought about it a few seconds, and decided, "Ewwiana."
"That's a pretty name. When is her due date?"
"November!"
So, it looks like we'll be having 2 new babies in our home this year. I think Kiddo may share some of my ambivalence about the whole pregnancy thing, because while he's still insistent that he is having a baby, he sometimes moves up the due date to June or September. But mostly he's sticking to November. At any rate, he's not "showing" yet, although he says he's going to get a belly as big as Mommy's. Good luck with that, Kiddo! :)
On a somewhat related note, out of nowhere last night he told me that my baby is coming in eight days. While that would probably be nice, I'm certainly not counting on it. After all, he predicted Michigan State over UNC, and is still insisting that MSU won. (In his defense, he doesn't really know what he's talking about-- we don't even get CBS here. I think he just likes the state of Michigan because his aunt and uncle live there!)
I said, "Well, my back hurts because I am pregnant. Why does your back hurt?"
"I'm pwegnant, too!" he cheerfully replied.
I got a good laugh out of that but didn't think too much more about it, until a few days later. I guess I made some other remark about being pregnant, and Kiddo insisted, "You're not pwegnant; I'M pwegnant!"
"Really?" I asked. "You know that 'pregnant' means that you have a baby in your belly, right? Do you have a baby in your belly?"
"Yes. I do!"
"Really? But boys can't be pregnant. Only girls can be pregnant and have babies in their bellies."
Looking highly incensed, he replied, "Boys can too have babies in their bellies!" (Because, you know, anything girls can do, boys can do, too! :))
"Okay, so is your baby a boy baby or a girl baby?"
"A giwl baby."
"Oh, wow! What are you going to name her? Sarah? Anna? Elliana?"
He thought about it a few seconds, and decided, "Ewwiana."
"That's a pretty name. When is her due date?"
"November!"
So, it looks like we'll be having 2 new babies in our home this year. I think Kiddo may share some of my ambivalence about the whole pregnancy thing, because while he's still insistent that he is having a baby, he sometimes moves up the due date to June or September. But mostly he's sticking to November. At any rate, he's not "showing" yet, although he says he's going to get a belly as big as Mommy's. Good luck with that, Kiddo! :)
On a somewhat related note, out of nowhere last night he told me that my baby is coming in eight days. While that would probably be nice, I'm certainly not counting on it. After all, he predicted Michigan State over UNC, and is still insisting that MSU won. (In his defense, he doesn't really know what he's talking about-- we don't even get CBS here. I think he just likes the state of Michigan because his aunt and uncle live there!)

2 comments:
I'm pretty sure that Kaden will have zero understanding about the whole baby on the way thing either. I sure wish their were some easy way of conveying to him the importance of being a little gentler on me though:) Congrats on TWO- teehee- cute story!
I've had fun catching up on your blog. Had to laugh about William's new baby! Tell him he can't have one until he's potty trained!
Looks like you're blooming like a beautiful spring flower. I'm sure you're anxious. The doctor assured me I'd be early with Mike and I was 4 days late. Boy was I mad at the doctor because I was counting on it. But Mike was in charge I guess!
Can't wait to hear the happy event has occurred.
New babies all around - Josh & Kelly's twins, Mike and Mindy's new little girl in September in addition to your little guy.
Post a Comment