So, this is how much I've grown in just 3 weeks. And sadly, I still have about a month to go. I've already gained 39 pounds, which if you add to the 9 extra pounds I was still carrying from the first pregnancy, means I already have about 50 pounds to lose once the baby is born. How is that for discouraging?!?!?! Looks like I'll be wearing my annoying maternity pants for several more months this time. With Kiddo, it was obvious from my swollen ankles and legs that I was retaining large amounts of water, and I did lose a lot of that fast. This time it looks like it's all just me-- unless of course I have a 20 pound baby. HAHAHA.
You often hear of celebrity Moms, who-- let's face it-- were probably underweight to begin with, gaining something crazy like 70 pounds, but then rapidly managing to lose it all. I always wonder how that is possible. But I guess maybe if I had a personal trainer, a nanny, and a cook, I could do it too.
I have been trying to tell myself that the main thing is just for the baby to come healthy, and for me to be healthy, and all the numerous nurses and residents I've had to see this time seem to think that we are. They're watching for spikes in blood pressure, and last time thought he might be breech, but today he seems to be head-down, although still in a kooky position--instead of head-down, face-up, and in fetal position, something more like this-- sideways, with his bum up near my ribs, and his legs all stretched out.

Baby "Rerun" continues to stretch out as much as possible, and move a lot. But I have to say, I am seriously uncomfortable. It's hard to carry this belly around! Finding a comfortable sleeping position is almost impossible, which means I'm more tired than I should be...which means I've had some migraines... which means I feel like doing very little... which makes me feel like eating to console myself... which makes me gain weight and gives me heartburn... which makes it hard to take a nap... which means... you get the picture.
So actually, while I am large, but I'm not really in charge. I'm praying the baby comes 2 or 3 weeks early, but it seems highly unlikely that a girl who made her mother wait an extra 3 weeks would ever be blessed with an early birth!! Honestly, I think the marsupials do reproduction much better than we humans. Wouldn't you rather give birth to something exceedingly tiny, and then carry it around in a pouch while it grows and matures, or is it just me? It sounds so much more comfortable. Think of all the things you could get done!! And, I could be wrong, but it sounds like nursing, for a koala, is really a cinch.
On a positive note, I am getting really excited to meet this new little guy! I am so curious to see what he will look like, and what kind of personality he'll have. Kiddo is going through what I hope is just a phase of being picky about whether or not he wants to be hugged or kissed, so I can't wait for a little snuggle puppy who I can kiss and cuddle as much as I want!
I am so thankful that I have been able to be medicated through this pregnancy, and will be able to continue with it to nurse, assuming that works out. My first pregnancy, and ESPECIALLY the recovery period were so difficult for me emotionally and I am really praying for a much smoother transition this time... especially because the dear friends who were so incredibly helpful to us are now so far away. If you get a chance, say a little prayer that we'll have an easier delivery and post-partum period. I would really appreciate it!!!
You often hear of celebrity Moms, who-- let's face it-- were probably underweight to begin with, gaining something crazy like 70 pounds, but then rapidly managing to lose it all. I always wonder how that is possible. But I guess maybe if I had a personal trainer, a nanny, and a cook, I could do it too.
I have been trying to tell myself that the main thing is just for the baby to come healthy, and for me to be healthy, and all the numerous nurses and residents I've had to see this time seem to think that we are. They're watching for spikes in blood pressure, and last time thought he might be breech, but today he seems to be head-down, although still in a kooky position--instead of head-down, face-up, and in fetal position, something more like this-- sideways, with his bum up near my ribs, and his legs all stretched out.

Baby "Rerun" continues to stretch out as much as possible, and move a lot. But I have to say, I am seriously uncomfortable. It's hard to carry this belly around! Finding a comfortable sleeping position is almost impossible, which means I'm more tired than I should be...which means I've had some migraines... which means I feel like doing very little... which makes me feel like eating to console myself... which makes me gain weight and gives me heartburn... which makes it hard to take a nap... which means... you get the picture.
So actually, while I am large, but I'm not really in charge. I'm praying the baby comes 2 or 3 weeks early, but it seems highly unlikely that a girl who made her mother wait an extra 3 weeks would ever be blessed with an early birth!! Honestly, I think the marsupials do reproduction much better than we humans. Wouldn't you rather give birth to something exceedingly tiny, and then carry it around in a pouch while it grows and matures, or is it just me? It sounds so much more comfortable. Think of all the things you could get done!! And, I could be wrong, but it sounds like nursing, for a koala, is really a cinch.
On a positive note, I am getting really excited to meet this new little guy! I am so curious to see what he will look like, and what kind of personality he'll have. Kiddo is going through what I hope is just a phase of being picky about whether or not he wants to be hugged or kissed, so I can't wait for a little snuggle puppy who I can kiss and cuddle as much as I want!
I am so thankful that I have been able to be medicated through this pregnancy, and will be able to continue with it to nurse, assuming that works out. My first pregnancy, and ESPECIALLY the recovery period were so difficult for me emotionally and I am really praying for a much smoother transition this time... especially because the dear friends who were so incredibly helpful to us are now so far away. If you get a chance, say a little prayer that we'll have an easier delivery and post-partum period. I would really appreciate it!!!

4 comments:
You look great! I stopped weighing myself with Kaden after I had gained 50 pounds and I am pretty sure I had at least a week or two left at that point! Eating my way there sure was fun and losing it wasn't too bad either- I just had to be patient:) I will certainly be praying that everything goes smoother for you this time!!! Good luck!
with regard to "early" births, your eldest sister was 2 weeks overdue at birth, but none of her girls even came close to being that late. so, you can never tell what your experience will be based upon your Mother's experience. Maybe the baby will be born 3 days early, on Mother's Day? I'm praying you'll have a better delivery experience this time than the first. Love from Mom-mo!!
you look great!! Hang in there those last few weeks. I'm excited for your new little one to come. We will be praying for a much smoother experience this time for you.
You look just beautiful, Rachael. Sorry you're not feeling so hot, but still, you look good. Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment