It seems like everyone who reads this blog is also a Facebook friend, but in case you haven't heard...
I had a very eventful Mother's Day this year! Awakened at 12:30 a.m. with contractions, I had no idea that in a little over 5 hours, I would have my best Mother's Day gift. The labor was short-- in fact, I got admitted to my room at 3:50 a.m., and he was born at 5:50 a.m.-- so no epidural, and barely time for a small dose of nubain (spelling?) before it was time to push him out! That's something I didn't think I'd ever be able to say! So far, everything is going so much better than the first time as far as healing, sleeping, and nursing that I can hardly believe it. And I DID get to go to Daddy-O's graduation yesterday, so that was another blessing.
Kiddo is pretty excited about his new brother, and wants to hold him and touch him and sing to him. It's pretty sweet. Kiddo is a bit louder than we'd like him to be, but so far, his brother really doesn't seem that disturbed by Kiddo's noise. I suppose it's been his constant companion these past few months in the womb! :) However many books we had read to him about babies not doing much at the beginning, Kiddo REALLY is anxious for the day when the baby will be able to play and talk. On the first day he came to see us at the hospital, he asked, "Does he want to hold my calculator?" That made me want to both laugh and cry, as several times in the weeks leading up to the birth, Kiddo had informed me, "I am definitely NOT going to share my calculator with him!" So I guess he must like this baby a lot!

I had a very eventful Mother's Day this year! Awakened at 12:30 a.m. with contractions, I had no idea that in a little over 5 hours, I would have my best Mother's Day gift. The labor was short-- in fact, I got admitted to my room at 3:50 a.m., and he was born at 5:50 a.m.-- so no epidural, and barely time for a small dose of nubain (spelling?) before it was time to push him out! That's something I didn't think I'd ever be able to say! So far, everything is going so much better than the first time as far as healing, sleeping, and nursing that I can hardly believe it. And I DID get to go to Daddy-O's graduation yesterday, so that was another blessing.
Kiddo is pretty excited about his new brother, and wants to hold him and touch him and sing to him. It's pretty sweet. Kiddo is a bit louder than we'd like him to be, but so far, his brother really doesn't seem that disturbed by Kiddo's noise. I suppose it's been his constant companion these past few months in the womb! :) However many books we had read to him about babies not doing much at the beginning, Kiddo REALLY is anxious for the day when the baby will be able to play and talk. On the first day he came to see us at the hospital, he asked, "Does he want to hold my calculator?" That made me want to both laugh and cry, as several times in the weeks leading up to the birth, Kiddo had informed me, "I am definitely NOT going to share my calculator with him!" So I guess he must like this baby a lot!
I am still worried about how I'll handle it all when Daddy-O's at work, and Gobby goes back home. I imagine that's when the sibling jealousy will kick in. But I am very grateful to have TWO such beautiful and healthy boys to fill my life with joy!
THE DETAILS:
Our Baby Boy
Born: 5:50 am, 10 May 2009
Weight: 8 lbs, 3.5 oz
Length: 21.5 inches (although the nurse at the pediatrician's office said he was 19 in. 4 days later... don't think so!)
Head: 14.25 in
And, according to his big brother, his favorite color: goldenrod!
Our Baby Boy
Born: 5:50 am, 10 May 2009
Weight: 8 lbs, 3.5 oz
Length: 21.5 inches (although the nurse at the pediatrician's office said he was 19 in. 4 days later... don't think so!)
Head: 14.25 in
And, according to his big brother, his favorite color: goldenrod!

2 comments:
Yeah!!! Congratulations!! I'm not on Facebook so your e-mail was the first I'd heard of it. how FUN that Isaac was born on mother's day. Sounds like a great birth story. If your gonna go natural (by choice or not) it's nice if it's faaast! Glad things are going better this time. Rest up and don't worry if things are a little crazy for a while. Just relax and enjoy your boys.
He's here, he's here, he's here!! Sorry I have been such a bad commenter and friend lately! I have SO enjoyed seeing updates on facebook and getting the email! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am SO glad that everything seems to be going so well and I CAN'T get over how cute W is being about his new little brother. I loved all of the facebook pictures I was able to see today. YOU seriously look so GREAT and have one BEAUTIFUL family! Congrats again on your new, handsome baby boy!!! {I LOVE W's song and calculator sentiments}
Post a Comment