Sunday, July 17, 2011

Do Your Job!


One of the difficult things about having such a lively, creative little boy is that he is constantly saying and doing the MOST amusing things that:

#1, He talks SO much that I am sure I probably miss a lot of what he says.

#2, I don't get a lot of the witty things I DO hear written down right away.

Thus,

#3, I forget a lot of them! :(

Here is one story I really don't want to forget. But first, a little background info might help put it into a little perspective. Currently, Kiddo is in a phase that involves A LOT of singing. Yes, that would mean EVEN MORE than usual.
He is trying to learn every Veggie Tales Silly Song ever recorded, I think, and he sings those several times a day. Also, we had the chance to see BYU's Vocal Point perform and Kiddo seems to have been totally inspired by them. For instance, he is trying to make lots of percussion sounds. He interrupts our hymns during Family Night to tell us that it's time for his solo, or for a duet with Daddy-O or Little Friend. Yep, Little Friend gets called on to sing for us. So far, I think Kiddo is the only one who actually hears him. ;)

And Kiddo also likes to think he can sing Bass. THAT just kills me.

He also likes to imagine that he stars in his own TV show(s), DVDs or books. Because of his current phase, his most recent shows tend to be Musicals. So, this morning I was checking Facebook and Kiddo was acting out one of his many shows. I wasn't really paying any attention to what it was about, but then he started singing a song which repeated the phrase, "Do your job" many, many times. Thinking he was referring to me, I guiltily asked, "So you want me to get off the computer and 'do my job' of taking care of you and your brother, huh?"

"No," he answered. "This song is about [Little Friend]."

"'Do Your Job?'"
"Yeah, he decided to quit being a cute baby. So I'm telling him that he needs to get back to doing his job."

"He needs to get back to his JOB of being a cute baby then?"

"Yep!"

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that even if Little Friend DID want to give up that "job," he couldn't if he tried. He is probably the most adorable little person you could meet.

See what I mean?

So then, this evening, I started thinking, what did Little Friend do when he "quit" being a cute baby? Kiddo says that he went to work at "The Construction Site." ;) That boy is too much. JUST TOO MUCH!!! I am so glad I get to be his Mama.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Heeheehee:) I just love reading what your kids are up to! They're so cute!!!

taradon said...

love the pictures and stories - so cute!