Friday, August 12, 2011

My Little Snuggle Puppy

I think that Little Friend is truly the cuddliest baby I've ever met-- and that's saying a lot, because all of my boys have been cuddle bugs. From the beginning, he has loved to be held as much as possible. I often think that it is perfect that he came third, because after losing Isaac, I really want to hold on to this baby even more tightly!

(with Isaac, Christmas 2009)
Sometimes I think I'm cuddling Little Friend not just for him, but also for his angel brother who I continue to miss deeply and profoundly.

For several months, Little Friend honestly HAD TO nap at least once a day either in my arms, or laying on my chest or his day was just OFF. In the past, I probably would have let my baby cry it out a little more or just let him learn to cope, but this time around nothing seems more important than holding my precious boy.

Thankfully, Kiddo has been a very cooperative older brother. He has a tender heart when it comes to babies, and he hates to see his little brother upset. So he doesn't complain much when the baby's needs have to come first. He was mostly that way with Isaac, too, despite how young he was.

(Kiddo and Isaac)
It really seems like Kiddo never blames his baby brothers; he just wants his Mommy to be more capable of balancing everyone's needs at once!

Also, even though we haven't been nursing for several months, I still let Little Friend co-sleep a lot of the time and he is, thankfully, a great sleeper-- although he's becoming much more of a mover these days. He likes to be read to and sung to, and lately he likes to hold on to my necklace with Isaac's picture while he is falling asleep.

I know this wouldn't work for a lot of moms, and I totally get that. I certainly am doing this first year very differently than I did with Kiddo, who I let fall asleep on his own, in his crib, in his OWN ROOM at this age. Kiddo has also been an excellent sleeper- for the most part- too. I think that pretty soon I'll have to transition to doing things more like I did with Kiddo, but for right now, it just feels like it's what works for our little family, and what brings comfort immediately to my baby.

Like his brother, Isaac, Little Friend also LOVES kisses. He loves getting them and now, giving them. He grabs my face between his two hands and presses his slobbery little mouth against my cheek many times a day. If Daddy-O or I say, "Kiss-Kiss" to him, he'll usually oblige us. Sometimes he even says, "Mmmmm" when he's giving a kiss. I think that's his attempt to imitate how we say "mwah" when we kiss him sometimes.

He also will kiss Kiddo sometimes, but mainly he likes to reach out and rub the top of Kiddo's head. It's so funny. If Kiddo falls asleep in the car while Little Friend is awake, he will reach for Kiddo's head/hair for sure.

Given their age difference, I wonder how they will get along with, and relate to, each other as they grow up. But for now, they seem to be each other's biggest fan.

And I couldn't be more grateful to be mother to all of them.

2 comments:

taradon said...

Great pictures! And I say, whatever works for you and your family is the right way to do it!!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I glad you have such a snuggler! And I love how well your boys get along. That is a beautiful thing. :)