Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mr. Independent

One thing we are definitely noticing about our Little Friend as he grows up (he's 15 months now) is that he watches just about EVERYTHING so that he can turn around and attempt to do it himself.  In nothing is this more noticeable than in finding himself some food.  Before he was a year old, he figured out which cupboard held the formula and baby food, and starting pulling them out (it's a bottom cupboard, right at his level) and handing them to me when he was hungry.
But lately, he seems to think he doesn't even need to "ask" me to serve him.  One Sunday before Church, he toddled out to the kitchen, pulled the Cheerios off the table, brought them into the Family room and dumped them right out on the floor and started eating!

For our anniversary, we ordered from the "Chinese take-away" (had to say it that way to sound like Hyacinth Bucket! ;) ).  Our Kiddo won't even TOUCH our Chinese food because it has BROCCOLI ("EWWW!"), but Little Friend proved to be quite his opposite.  Not only did he love the bites I gave him the night we brought it home, he went crazy when I was eating the leftovers the next day until I shared.  And he was not happy when I told him it was all done.

Later in the day, we were playing in the living room when Little Friend suddenly and quietly disappeared. A moment later, he reappeared with the empty boxes from our Chinese food. He had opened the lid of the garbage can, fished them out, and brought them back out-- his face and t-shirt covered with tell-tale sauce!

"Was that wrong?  I don't understand..."
And yes, we do feed him regularly!  He is a deliciously plumpy 27+ pounds.  I guess the little guy just likes to do things for himself, silly baby! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: