On a happy note, I had my Christmas present early, as we had our 20-week Ultrasound yesterday. At my last prenatal appointment, we saw a fabulous resident who scheduled it for us with absolutely NO problem. In fact, I didn't even have to see the regular doctor who upset me so much at the prior appointment. HOORAY!! Oh, I guess that's another post, as I forgot to blog about my horrible prenatal appointments thus far. I sure do miss my OB/GYN back in Ames!
Anyway, Kiddo came with us, which wasn't ideal, but he was really pretty good and was excited to "see the baby on the TV screen." I doubt it really looked like a baby to him, but he didn't complain. He counted and sang and danced, but the technician said it didn't bother her at all. The cutest thing was that when she was walking us down the hall to the Ultrasound room, Kiddo said to her, "Thank you for letting me come, too!" without any prompting from us. We were all very impressed with those nice manners!
Much to my relief, everything today seemed to look good. I ate some sweet & sugary baked goods about a half hour before, so the baby was very active and seemed to be practicing some kickboxing moves in my womb! Watch out, Kiddo! It surely looks like we're having another BOY, so Kiddo will be happy. For the last 3 weeks, he has been insisting that we were having a boy, and has helped me select a name. I suggested 4 or 5 names to him and he picked my favorite, so I think we will stick with it unless we get a strong feeling otherwise. The Daddy-O had been predicting a girl, but says he's not disappointed. Maybe we will have a girl a few years down the road when we are better off financially. After all, we girls can be expensive. :)
I've been thinking about what to nickname the new baby, and Kiddo#1 and Kiddo#2 just doesn't sound very nice, plus it could be slightly confusing. Then I remembered how Kiddo was Linus for Halloween, and that Linus has a little brother named Rerun, so for right now, I'm thinking of calling this little guy Rerun. After all, I am a HUGE Peanuts fan. What do you think?
Anyway, Kiddo came with us, which wasn't ideal, but he was really pretty good and was excited to "see the baby on the TV screen." I doubt it really looked like a baby to him, but he didn't complain. He counted and sang and danced, but the technician said it didn't bother her at all. The cutest thing was that when she was walking us down the hall to the Ultrasound room, Kiddo said to her, "Thank you for letting me come, too!" without any prompting from us. We were all very impressed with those nice manners!
Much to my relief, everything today seemed to look good. I ate some sweet & sugary baked goods about a half hour before, so the baby was very active and seemed to be practicing some kickboxing moves in my womb! Watch out, Kiddo! It surely looks like we're having another BOY, so Kiddo will be happy. For the last 3 weeks, he has been insisting that we were having a boy, and has helped me select a name. I suggested 4 or 5 names to him and he picked my favorite, so I think we will stick with it unless we get a strong feeling otherwise. The Daddy-O had been predicting a girl, but says he's not disappointed. Maybe we will have a girl a few years down the road when we are better off financially. After all, we girls can be expensive. :)
I've been thinking about what to nickname the new baby, and Kiddo#1 and Kiddo#2 just doesn't sound very nice, plus it could be slightly confusing. Then I remembered how Kiddo was Linus for Halloween, and that Linus has a little brother named Rerun, so for right now, I'm thinking of calling this little guy Rerun. After all, I am a HUGE Peanuts fan. What do you think?

4 comments:
I like "Rerun" -- but only time will tell if Rerun is a 'carbon copy' of his elder brother, Kiddo.
Love to all from Mom-mo
Congratulations!!!
Congrats on another boy!
Happy days for you all!
And I like the Rerun name. Cute.
Post a Comment