Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"They scare me, Mommy!"



One thing you can evidently all be grateful for is that you don't live near me during sandal-wearing season. I've known for a while I don't have the prettiest feet-- the soles particularly are almost always dry and cracked-- but I never really thought they were truly horrifying. Well, guess again, Mommy!

In the last few months, during which I've generally always been wearing socks and/or shoes (in the summer I go barefoot at home A LOT), Kiddo has developed some sort of fear of my feet or something. If I ever so much as enter a room barefoot, he cries out, "Mommy, I want you to wear some socks (or, sometimes he says shoes)! Put some socks on, Mama!" If I don't jump on it, he gets pretty agitated. I thought this was odd, so I asked him why. I think his reply was something like, "I don't like your feet" or "I don't like you to be barefoot."

"Why?" I questioned. "Are Mommy's feet scary?"

"YES!"

What could I do, but laugh? However, meanie that I am, sometimes I just randomly call out, "Hey, Kiddo!" and lift up a foot and growl at him. Sometimes he actually thinks it's funny. I have started trying to remember lotion more often, but I don't see a huge difference. He'd just better hope that my crazy hormones don't do what they did when I was expecting him-- for the last 3 months, I was so warm I almost never wore socks... and it stayed that way until 3 months post-partum... There could be some scary days up ahead for Kiddo!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Too funny! I randomly saw your page on a friend of mines... Rhonda... She used to be in the Waterloo Ward with my family! :o)

I too have some nasty cracked feet. I think we women often go barefoot and that is the price that we pay! I never remember lotion either... :o)

I was dying laughing when you said that you would lift your foot and growl at your son... sounds like something that I'd do to one of my kids! I'm "nuttier than a squirrel turd". :o)

The Conductor said...

I am giggling to death here. What a kick! (Literally, I guess?!)