
The good news is, both boys are healthy and strong. Little Squirt had an appointment with the pediatrician on Monday, and is up to 9 lbs, 9 oz and 22 inches long. It's crazy to see he's getting bigger so fast. He now has some chub in those cheeks, much like his big brother.
He's eating well, but boy do I wish I could more easily predict what his nighttime schedule was going to be. He wakes up at least twice to eat during the night, and then is often very lazy about it and we both fall asleep before he's done, and he also likes to be awake between 3 and 5 a.m. almost every morning. Daddy-O usually takes him after I feed him then, but we are both exhausted and desperately need more than our total of 4-6 hours of sleep a night (and that is not uninterrupted). The old adage to "sleep when the baby sleeps" is also well-nigh impossible when Kiddo is awake and wanting attention.
I keep trying to tell myself that this stage is temporary, but that doesn't mean it isn't really hard for me. At this point with Kiddo, I was in the hospital because of a complete inability to sleep and PPD and my Mom and Daddy-O were taking care of Kiddo. So I know I am coping better than that this time. But it's still been much harder than I thought it would be. I honestly don't know how so many women have the strength to do this several times, unless they have a lot of help. I guess we all have our limits, our own strengths and weaknesses, and this is just one of my personal inadequacies.

4 comments:
oh man, i guess i'm not far enough out from having a baby because even though it's much better now 5 months later, i still remember those first couple months--it is HARD. i think the only way to have more is to wait long enough that you forget what it's like not to have sleep. hang in there.
That is probably the thing that I worry about the most... SLEEP. I don't get how moms of several do it either, other than it just being a miracle and blessing that everyone makes it through it alive (which I think just may be the case most often anyway). But good luck, and I will be in your same boat soon I suppose. If you could just teach me all the tricks, that would be GREAT:)
We each have our challenges. "Rest" assured, this too shall pass. Just pat yourself on the back if you get through the day and any more than that (like housework or whatever)is GREAT!! That's how the pros do it.
Alecia
(Oops. I read this post and then the one below it, then commented for both on the other post. Ditto that here!) You're an amazing mother, Rachael! Things will get better! I promise!
Post a Comment