Well, I guess I knew it would happen someday. I just didn't think it would be when he was THREE. Yep, my kid has discovered the hilarity of "fart jokes."
Last week at the Library, I found a Little Critter book called, "Just My Little Brother and Me." Since I was under the impression that Little Critter only had a baby sister, I was pretty excited to check this out. It's a really cute book, and very appropriate for Kiddo because he really wants to play with "his baby," but of course, Little Squirt has to get a bit bigger before he can really participate. Anyway, there is a page on which Little Critter imagines how he and his little brother will build snow forts and have snowball fights with other kids. Somehow, both times I've read this aloud to Kiddo, I've slipped up and said "snow farts" instead. This makes Kiddo burst out laughing, and he also enjoys reminding me throughout the day about my malapropism. Great.
Another thing Kiddo likes to do is make up stories about his favorite states and countries in which they act just as though they were human characters. I sort of think he got the idea from the Chicka Chicka books, in which numbers and letters seem to take on human characteristics. Yesterday in one of his stories, he announced that "Tajikistan tooted." Niiiiiiiiice.
So I guess it's official. I'm DEFINITELY the mother of a BOY!!!
Last week at the Library, I found a Little Critter book called, "Just My Little Brother and Me." Since I was under the impression that Little Critter only had a baby sister, I was pretty excited to check this out. It's a really cute book, and very appropriate for Kiddo because he really wants to play with "his baby," but of course, Little Squirt has to get a bit bigger before he can really participate. Anyway, there is a page on which Little Critter imagines how he and his little brother will build snow forts and have snowball fights with other kids. Somehow, both times I've read this aloud to Kiddo, I've slipped up and said "snow farts" instead. This makes Kiddo burst out laughing, and he also enjoys reminding me throughout the day about my malapropism. Great.
Another thing Kiddo likes to do is make up stories about his favorite states and countries in which they act just as though they were human characters. I sort of think he got the idea from the Chicka Chicka books, in which numbers and letters seem to take on human characteristics. Yesterday in one of his stories, he announced that "Tajikistan tooted." Niiiiiiiiice.
So I guess it's official. I'm DEFINITELY the mother of a BOY!!!

2 comments:
Kaden laughs every time he passes gas too, but thankfully says "'cuse me" too:) Ahh... little boys!!!
Not sure if it matters, but my girl gets just as much of a kick out of such humor. (Or is it because she is surrounded by brothers??)
The Tajikistan joke WAS kind of funny, don't you think? =)
Post a Comment