Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Our New Little Friend


He's here! Okay, so he's been here for seven weeks... Sorry I'm so slow. I spend a lot of time with this sweet guy in my arms, leaving not much time for blogging. As it is, I'm trying to post this and hold him at the same time. So, here's the stats:

He was born at 4:51 pm on 20 January 2011, after about 7 hours of Labor
Those who predicted he was going to be big were actually right:
9 lbs, 8 oz - 22 inches long!!!

Even though he was the biggest, and labor with Isaac was the shortest, it was actually the easiest delivery in terms of pushing. I think I only pushed through one, or maybe two, contractions. I actually thought he must have been smaller. HA! He did have a smaller head, though. Interestingly, not only was the cord around his neck, he was also holding on to it! We are so grateful he was okay.

He's beautiful and healthy, and quite a smiler.

However, he gave us some stress at the beginning. First he had low blood sugar and ended up on IV for about 36 hours.

Then he had high bilirubin levels for a few days. And nursing went terribly. So we made the heartbreaking switch to formula. But now he is content and growing, and charming us all.

I just can't get over how TALL he is.

Kiddo is a huge fan of his little brother.

We are thankful for our new Little Friend.

8 comments:

Cindy said...

He sure is a cutie! Congratulations!

Renshaw Family said...

He is adorable! Congrats!

Laura said...

He is sooo gorgeous! I absolutely *LOVE* the smile! So happy for all of you!

taradon said...

Thanks for the update! He's another little cutie. :)

mom2six said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. So sorry about the nursing not working out. I know the feeling :( I hope that you get as much rest as you can. You have such happy beautiful children!

The Conductor said...

AND SHE DIDN'T EVEN MENTION THE NO-DRUGS-LABOR-AND-DELIVERY, PEOPLE!!! Holy cow, I still can't believe he was 9 and 1/2 pounds. Such a lucky little guy to join your family. So is his screen name "Little Friend"? What a cutie he is!

The Conductor said...

Oh yes, I just noticed his new nickname being used in the most recent post. I'm paying attention, yes.

Kaela said...

SUCH a beautiful little boy!! Congratulations again and again!! W is looking sooo grown up too!! It seems like yesterday we were getting used to being new mommies to our big babies together:) Glad you are all healthy and happy!!!