Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"I got nothin'"



The title of this post comes courtesy of one of my Primary kids (all six years old). He had been protesting that certain girls in the class got to say more prayers than he (the only boy) did, so he had requested to give the Opening prayer the following week. Once his turn rolled around, he deferred until the Closing prayer. However, once he had his little arms folded and his head bowed, he sat there for a moment, and then looked up at me and said, "I got nothin'." We tried to give him some suggestions, but in the end he let one of those girls have a turn!

Anyway, that's sort of how I've felt about blogging in the past few weeks. It's not so much that I really have nothing to say, but more that I haven't had the inclination to actually sit down and compose any posts. I have also been very neglectful of commenting on anyone else's blogs, and I do apologize. I have most blogs on Google Reader, so I am reading them every day, but then I generally log off and forget to comment.

So now I could probably write a dozen posts, but I'll spare you. Or maybe, if I can stay awake long enough at some point, I'll write a bunch, and then set them to appear one-a-day or something. We'll see. I have so little energy. I never got the second trimester burst of energy, and nobody knows why because my iron levels are perfect. It occurs to me, though, that I've never been that peppy or energetic even when I'm not pregnant. So generally, if Kiddo is sleeping I am either sleeping too, checking everyone else's blog, sleeping, feeding my horrific appetite, sleeping, or watching reruns of The Office. I had never watched a full episode before, but a friend loaned us the first season on DVD, and now we've been working our way through the second season (from the video store). I think I am hooked, although I sometimes wonder: has a more annoying character than Michael Scott ever been written? My favorite episodes so far are "The Injury" and "Dwight's Speech." I laughed so hard that the Daddy-O was sure I'd wake up the Kiddo!

Speaking of Dwight's speech and the Kiddo, I was taking some snapshots of my cutie last week, and for some reason he came up with the following pose:

Now when I look at it, I am reminded of Dwight unknowingly paraphrasing Mussolini and waving his arms and pounding his fists. Any Office fans out there who remember what I'm talking about? :)

1 comment:

Kaela said...

I LOVE primary kids. They really do say the most adorable things! I have SO enjoyed being in primary, though I do miss the nursery and THEY also say the cutest things. LOVE all your new posts!!!