Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Something to look forward to...


We've explained to Kiddo that, at certain ages, you reach milestones. For example, when he is eight, he can be baptized. Because he is so fascinated by the Sacrament (communion), we've told him he'll be able to pass it when he's 12, and to bless it when he's 16. In many states, he'll be able to drive at 16. And, of course, he can vote when he turns 18 (a presidential election year, even). Occasionally he asks us what will happen when he reaches some random age, like 6 or 15. Sometimes I make things up, and sometimes I admit that I just don't know.

Last night, he called out to me in the kitchen, "What will happen when I turn nine years old?"

"I don't know," I answered. "What do you think will happen when you turn 9?"

"I will have a mustache!" he replied. This is an idea he got from his Daddy... don't ask me.

Today, after lunch, he announced, "When I turn nine, I will have a baldy head." Not sure I heard him correctly, I asked him to repeat and he said it again. Then he added, "When I am nine, I will also have a jet plane."

So I guess he's got some big plans for 2015. I'm looking forward to seeing if it all works out for him! :) Crazy, crazy Kiddo!

4 comments:

Wendy Martin said...

too funny! My friend in Seattle has a brilliant boy as well- she found an online reading assessment, want me to pass it along? You guys could compare notes on your brilliant boys!

Cindy said...

That's so funny! Kaden hasn't figured out each year yet, but he's so excited to get baptized when he's 8, because then he can finally go "play in the water." He gets really excited for the closer stuff, like when the snow is gone, his birthday is getting close, daddy will be done with school, and we can go swimming.

Mark and Adrian said...

How funny!! Ask him what I will be doing next year. Maybe he has some grand plans for me too. I would like a plane. He is adorable.

The Conductor said...

I think it's awesome you are writing all this stuff down. Then you can compare notes years down the road and see how it all works out. What a kick!