Monday, October 15, 2007

Baby Hercules




Okay, I'm not sure this will be as funny to anyone else as it is to me, but here goes...

Our little man-child is extremely strong, especially when it comes to his upper body. I don't know where he gets it, but sometimes it's a little alarming. We had sort of hoped that he was like Samson, and that after we cut his hair he'd be at least a little bit weaker. No such luck.

At one point while discussing this with the Daddy, he said, with just a little bit of pride, "I'll bet he could lift a chicken over his head!" Okay, what? That just cracked me up. Heck, it still cracks me up!

This weekend at Aldi, we bought a three-pound bag of frozen boneless, skinless chicken. While I was off getting something else, the little brute lifted the bag out of the cart with one hand. The Daddy was so impressed that he just couldn't stop talking about it.

Later it occurred to me, and I told the Daddy, "Well, you know, he doesn't have access to a real, live chicken. So maybe he did want to see if he could lift a chicken over his head and thought he'd try frozen chicken instead!"

I'm sure that was it, right? ;)

2 comments:

Mom-mo said...

Well golly. they ought to print instructions for this process for us over-the-hill-techie-wannabes.

Blog read an appreciated. Hope you get this!

Kaela said...

Wow- I wonder if 'the daddy-o' has some sort of ability to see in the future he's not quite aware of:) Maybe just a daddy intuition? At any rate that sure is a cute little Hercules you have on your hands!!