Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Why am I so crabby?



Hel-loooooo!

So I thought if I went a longer time between postings, I might create some anticipation for the next entry... Judging from the very small number of comments I get and my mostly empty inbox, I'm guessing that I haven't waited long enough. Or something. Actually, The Husband has been monopolizing the computer lately with his papers and projects and presentations, etc., etc., etc. so I don't get so much time to post.

So here I am... and boy, have I been in a bad mood a lot lately. I don't know for sure what it is. We are all healthy, with a roof over our heads. The kidlet is mostly delightful. I've gotten emails this week from friends Camille & Amy C, adorable photos of the Allen kids, and have been thoroughly entertained by posts on friends' (& cousin's) blogs. My dear friend, Melissa, has called a few times in the past week. I've gotten to talk to my Mom, one of my sisters, and two of my fantastic nieces. I'm almost caught up with the laundry. I got five cards made. So what is my problem?

Maybe it's that all those wonderful people live so far away. Maybe it's that the daylight hours are getting shorter. Maybe it's that I hate the way grad school eats up all of my husband's time and most of his energy. Maybe it's because there's always more dirty laundry, and I seem to no longer be capable of keeping a neat house. Maybe it's because I keep getting headaches and when I tell my husband about it, he helpfully suggests, "maybe you're pregnant," when, ahem, quite obviously I'm not. Maybe it's a profound case of ingratitude. Maybe it's that I miss being in Primary. Maybe it's even hormones. Probably it's a little bit of "all of the above."

And also...

I agreed to give a talk in Church this Sunday. Bro. Richards said my reference was the Spring 2007 conference talk by Joseph B. Wirthlin. Great. I love Elder Wirthlin. I love his talks. Then he tells me the topic is
"diligent work." Now what in the heck do I know about that topic? Or, how am I supposed to become an expert on that by Sunday? I wish I could just say "no, on second thought, how about we wait for a different topic?"


Help!!!!

2 comments:

Kaela said...

Oh, I so feel for you. I have felt like you so many times too. Why aren't I happy sometimes? But really, in a wierd way it feels good to be crabby sometimes. Not necessarily when I'm in the middle of it, but it does help me appreciate the good times. I think you should get a free counter on your blog. When I put mine on my blog I realized even though people weren't commenting, they were checking it out and that was a little comforting:) I too have been cumbered about never ending housework. I like to clean... it's just the fact that I feel like I am always doing it and never get to that actual clean feeling. My mom gave me a good quote- "House cleaning can fill the expanse of time if you let it." So, enjoy that little boy and know you won't remember piles of laundry around here and there in the long run. Sorry for the long comment.

Rachael M said...

I've thought about the counter thingie, but don't know how to add such stuff to the blog...yet? Not sure when I will be proficient at this stuff.

Also, I sorta question whether the counter would be too accurate because I am probably the person who does the most visiting of this site. I noticed that whenever I look at or update my profile, blogger counts those as separate views. So if it says 37 people viewed my profile, I'd guess 25 of those are probably me. :(