Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Blog-free week

It seems that most days I do think about posting, but usually don't get that much time to do so unless I stay up in to the wee hours of the morning... like now. But even when I do get to the computer, I spend most of my time reading other people's blogs because you are all just so much more interesting than I am!!!



The husband now has
way more work that requires the computer than he ever did as an undergrad, so when he's home, he's usually online typing papers or presentations, reading journal articles, or posting on his class sites. When he's not home, it's dangerous to try to use the computer unless the little kid is asleep. Otherwise, he is trying to type his own blog or something... somehow our 16-month-old managed to "add another printer" and set it as the default, among other things, when he has been pounding on the keyboard. For a while, we thought our printer was broken, because when we'd try to print something, nothing would happen. Finally we realized that the message to print was being sent to some mysterious second printer that we don't even have! Luckily, that was a problem that could be easily fixed.



On a related note, somehow our living room TV
no longer has a power button! I have no earthly idea how he managed that one! The Daddy-O thinks that maybe Baby Hercules pushed it all the way in to the television. Is that even possible? I just know that I haven't seen it anywhere for almost a week now. The good news is, with no cable or satellite, and virtually no reception, that TV is mostly just used for a daily dose of one Elmo or Blue's Clues video. The bad news is, we couldn't afford to replace the 19-inch piece of junk even if we wanted to!



At the end of the week, my Little Man discovered that if he stood on top of the end table, he could reach the light switch. In the process of reaching for said light switch, he knocked the lamp off the table, breaking the shade. When I removed the battered lamp, he climbed right back up and again reached for that blasted light switch. In a big huff, the mean old mommy dumped all the board books out of the table and carted it down to the basement, thus ruining all the kidlet's fun. What he doesn't understand, though, is that my main concern was that I didn't want him to fall off the table and get broken next time!!!!

It's always something, isn't it? Maybe this is why I also have not been able to "hibernate" with my library books. :( Note: I also have to learn to not check so many out. But at least they're free!

2 comments:

Kaela said...

Our little boys sound SO MUCH alike. I wished we lived closer. Then we could both get out of the house and enjoy eachother's company and let our sons enjoy a park together or something rather than tear our houses apart:)

Grandpa K. said...

L'il William sounds like a budding techie. The screen, mouse, etc that confound elders are no problem for the young 'uns. No part of the world that they are discovering is baffling - it's just something more to be learned, explored, and enjoyed. William's fascination with door knobs, light switches, etc is entirely normal and may well indicate a superior intellect.
Watch, enjoy, marvel, and thank the Lord.
Love,
Uncle Bob