Sunday, November 25, 2007

What the heck?


Every so often, I get an advertising email from Mary Kay. I happened to notice the following "headline" on the most recent message:


Okay, is it just me, or is there something wrong with this? I know that as a grad student and a stay-at-home mom, we seem to have taken a vow of poverty, but who really has enough moolah to be putting $25 gifts in the category of stocking stuffers? What happened to oranges or candy or socks or toothbrushes? Those are the types of things I've found in my stockings throughout the years. I would venture a guess that this year the only person who we'll spend more than $25 on is the kidlet. And believe me, I'll stretch that money the best way I know how.

Seriously, if you have this kind of cash on hand, send it our way...

1 comment:

Kaela said...

It's not just you. I am in the same boat as you with very little income coming in though. The first year I was married I only did stockings for me and Paul and only did little things, but was surprised how quickly even very inexpensive things add up when I tried to fill those stockings! I don't know if we will do stockings this year- maybe only gifts for Kaden too. Maybe someday we'll be sitting prettier:)