It is no secret that I LOVE working with the kids in our Church, and as a result, every time I move to a new ward (congregation), I am quick to tell the Bishop that I am always ready to teach in Primary (ages 3-12) or even Nursery (18 mos. to 3 years). So I've been pretty sad for the last 3 and 1/2 months since I bid goodbye to my sweet little CTR-6 class in our old ward.
On October 28th, a member of the Bishopric asked me if I would teach the Valiant Girls (ages 10-12) class. I had a wonderful experience teaching that group in CF, so I was really excited and wholeheartedly agreed. He gave me a class list, a substitute list, and some info about when class meets, etc. and I went home expecting that sometime soon I would hear from the Primary about when to start.
By the time Saturday the 3rd rolled around, I was antsy so I called the Primary President. In talking to her, we figured out that I was issued the wrong calling-- they wanted me to teach the Sunbeams (kids turning 4 this calendar year). Well, okay, I taught Sunbeams in IC back when I was first married and liked that too so I said sure, whatever. I would have to adjust my thinking somewhat, though.
Then I got to Church on Sunday the 4th, and there wasn't any Ward Business so I wasn't sustained. I thought that was kinda weird. Then the Bishop asked to meet with me after Church, and I was just praying that there wasn't yet another misunderstanding. After all, I needed to be in Primary!
So, I met with the Bishop and he said that in the preceding week, they decided to release the current Primary Presidency, and called a new President. And she, Sister Kay, asked for me to serve as her 1st counselor. This was surely not what I was expecting-- I never aspire to leadership positions-- but it is in Primary and, hey, this way I get to see all the kids every week without having to teach a lesson every week. Not too bad a deal, if you ask me. But I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the idea of responsibility-- and giving Sharing Time so often.
So, yesterday (Nov. 11th), I was finally sustained and I can do a little happy dance. I also got to substitute in the Sunbeam class-- still teacher-less-- and whew, are they some busy kids! One of them, who I'd never met before, told me she was glad I was teaching because she loved me, and loved my dress! On the other hand, one of her classmates impatiently asked me during the lesson, "Why are you talking so much?" (Honey, that's what everyone wants to know!)
GOTTA LOVE PRIMARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On October 28th, a member of the Bishopric asked me if I would teach the Valiant Girls (ages 10-12) class. I had a wonderful experience teaching that group in CF, so I was really excited and wholeheartedly agreed. He gave me a class list, a substitute list, and some info about when class meets, etc. and I went home expecting that sometime soon I would hear from the Primary about when to start.
By the time Saturday the 3rd rolled around, I was antsy so I called the Primary President. In talking to her, we figured out that I was issued the wrong calling-- they wanted me to teach the Sunbeams (kids turning 4 this calendar year). Well, okay, I taught Sunbeams in IC back when I was first married and liked that too so I said sure, whatever. I would have to adjust my thinking somewhat, though.
Then I got to Church on Sunday the 4th, and there wasn't any Ward Business so I wasn't sustained. I thought that was kinda weird. Then the Bishop asked to meet with me after Church, and I was just praying that there wasn't yet another misunderstanding. After all, I needed to be in Primary!
So, I met with the Bishop and he said that in the preceding week, they decided to release the current Primary Presidency, and called a new President. And she, Sister Kay, asked for me to serve as her 1st counselor. This was surely not what I was expecting-- I never aspire to leadership positions-- but it is in Primary and, hey, this way I get to see all the kids every week without having to teach a lesson every week. Not too bad a deal, if you ask me. But I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the idea of responsibility-- and giving Sharing Time so often.
So, yesterday (Nov. 11th), I was finally sustained and I can do a little happy dance. I also got to substitute in the Sunbeam class-- still teacher-less-- and whew, are they some busy kids! One of them, who I'd never met before, told me she was glad I was teaching because she loved me, and loved my dress! On the other hand, one of her classmates impatiently asked me during the lesson, "Why are you talking so much?" (Honey, that's what everyone wants to know!)
GOTTA LOVE PRIMARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:
I've been in primary since we moved here 2 1/2 years ago...it's great! I wish i would have written down more of the hilarious things kids have said. Have fun!
Congratulations. Sounds like it was quite an adventurous road to that calling, but the end result sounds perfect!
Post a Comment