Okay, I can't help it. I just have to boast a teensy bit on behalf of our little "Boko" (Sesotho word, meaning "brain").

Last night, my son surprised me by dumping all the pieces out of this wooden puzzle and putting them in, one by one, until he finished it ALL BY HIMSELF! Usually, he asks for "Hep... puh!" (translation: "help, please!") I guess he doesn't need my help anymore! Each time he would get a piece in correctly, I would cheer, "Yea! You did it!" and sometimes I even clapped. This made him squeal with delight and reply, "Ah did!" ("I did!")

I like the look of deep concentration on his face in these photos.
Here are some of his other recent smarty-pants sayings:
+ When he or Daddy leave his bedroom, "See Ya!"
+ Today he found, and dumped, a box of crayons on the floor in my room. When I discovered him and his mess, he looked up and said, "Pay-puh?" So I asked him if he wanted some paper and he said yes. When I gave it to him, he put crayon right to paper and said "Herkah! Herkah!" (translation: circle) So then I had to draw oh, 18 circles of different sizes and colors for him. How he knows/remembers the word "paper," I'm not totally sure. I have been very neglectful in not letting him really have any, or use crayons much... I guess that'll soon change, if he has anything to say about it!
+ My Norwegian relatives would appreciate this one: The kiddo and I were chatting one afternoon and I asked him a question, I can no longer remember what it was. His reply: "ya, sure" -- with a Scandinavian accent and everything. I then asked him if he was a little Norwegian baby, and he responded, "Heck, yeah!" He learned that little phrase from his Daddy-O, a Napoleon Dynamite fan.
+ Much to my dismay, he rarely calls us "ma-ma" and "da-da" anymore. He has learned to say "Mommy" and "Daddy" already. I am thrilled with all his growth and development, but I just really loved the way he'd call "Mama" in his lilting, dulcet voice... and it just reminds me that he won't be my baby much longer.
Here are some of his other recent smarty-pants sayings:
+ When he or Daddy leave his bedroom, "See Ya!"
+ Today he found, and dumped, a box of crayons on the floor in my room. When I discovered him and his mess, he looked up and said, "Pay-puh?" So I asked him if he wanted some paper and he said yes. When I gave it to him, he put crayon right to paper and said "Herkah! Herkah!" (translation: circle) So then I had to draw oh, 18 circles of different sizes and colors for him. How he knows/remembers the word "paper," I'm not totally sure. I have been very neglectful in not letting him really have any, or use crayons much... I guess that'll soon change, if he has anything to say about it!
+ My Norwegian relatives would appreciate this one: The kiddo and I were chatting one afternoon and I asked him a question, I can no longer remember what it was. His reply: "ya, sure" -- with a Scandinavian accent and everything. I then asked him if he was a little Norwegian baby, and he responded, "Heck, yeah!" He learned that little phrase from his Daddy-O, a Napoleon Dynamite fan.
+ Much to my dismay, he rarely calls us "ma-ma" and "da-da" anymore. He has learned to say "Mommy" and "Daddy" already. I am thrilled with all his growth and development, but I just really loved the way he'd call "Mama" in his lilting, dulcet voice... and it just reminds me that he won't be my baby much longer.

1 comment:
Wow! You do have a genius on your hands. What do you feed him? I need to get Kaden on whatever you are feeding him:)
Post a Comment