Where were you born? Was it Heaven? No, it was Iowa. (What a bad joke. I know. I don't care).
Middle name: Ellyn
How old will you be this year? Sadly, next month I turn a whopping 31.
Nicknames: I'm not sure I've ever had any that I particularly liked, although when I was a teenager and skinny, my sister Heather called me her "tal smal pal." That was kinda funny. Just PLEASE don't call me "RACH." I might have to resort to violence.
Are you taller than your mother or father? Well, my dad was 5'10" or 5'11", so I'm definitely shorter than he was. My Mom used to be 5'8", an inch taller than I am, but as she gets older, I think she's shrinking, so now I'm finally taller than someone other than Heather. The rest of our family is on the tall side.
Do you cry often during movies? Um, yeah, way too often. I try to avoid sad movies, but I've been known to cry at happy parts, too. I also cry when I watch the Olympics, though. I'm not sure it can be helped.
What is your biggest pet peeve? When people won't admit they're wrong, and people who say extremely stupid things like "acting black." Does that make sense? You know, people who think there is such a thing as acting "black" or "white" or "Mexican." These are usually people who insist they aren't racists, BUT.... blah, blah, blah. I get so riled up at people like that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Favorite color: I like very specific shades of pale yellow, pale green, periwinkle, and lavender. And it's very hard to find things in those shades. :( These are almost right.
Favorite foods: I still love, much to my Husband's dismay, cheeseburgers. I also could eat almost anything with marinara sauce (no seafood or anything). I'm a sucker for donuts and ice cream, but I also really like fresh fruit.
Favorite restaurants: Olive Garden, El Ranchero in IC, and Hickory Park in Ames.
Favorite beverages: Caffeine-Free Diet Dr. Pepper, Orange-Peach-Mango juice, and Chocolate milk-- NOT together, I just can't choose ONE.
Favorite cold cereal: At this point, probably KIX.
Favorite smells: Cinnamon, NEW BOOKS, and Kiddo's hair after he's had a bath. Yes, I'm weird.
Favorite time of day: About an hour before sunset, especially in the spring and summer.
What brand of shampoo/conditioner do you use? Being thrifty and low-maintenance, the sad truth is that I use Suave and Equate.
Favorite make-up products? I used to be a big fan of Corn Silk foundation and powder. Then either they stopped making it or maybe they just quit selling it where I lived. Now I'm not so loyal to any brand. I do like to wear (waterproof) mascara so you can actually tell I have long eyelashes.
How many pillows do you sleep with? Usually 2.
Do you play an instrument? Unfortunately, no. Although, I can play a few little tunes on Kiddo's Tap-a-Tune, which makes him happy. I wish I could play piano and violin.
Have you ever been skinny dipping? Are you kidding? This is ME we're talking about. I'm the modest queen. If I ever did, I must have been under the age of 4.
Did you do any sports in High School? Ha, ha, ha. That's a good one. NO.
What was the last movie you saw in the theater? Harry Potter V, I think.
What is your favorite article of clothing? I've had this one black dress for 11 years now that almost NEVER wrinkles and I am always happy when I'm thin enough to fit into it. But normally, I'd rather be in jeans or pajama pants.
What is your dream vacation? Going back to Lesotho and doing an "Oprah Christmas" would truly rock. If I'm being more realistic, I'd have to say that I'd love to see all the sites in NYC and DC, and Daddy-O and I really want to go to England someday. Right now I'd be happy just to go to Ames. :(
What was your first impression of your spouse? Okay, it was almost 10 years ago, so I'm not sure, but if I'm being honest, probably the first thing I EVER thought when I saw him was, "WOW! A black guy at Church! Cool." Since I'm shy, and we were in different wards, I didn't meet him until about 9 mos later, when the Singles' Branch was formed. Then I thought he was really funny and had a beautiful smile. It would be more interesting to find out what he thought, but he'd probably never tell.
If you were an animal what would you be? Weird question-- er, I don't know. I don't actually like cats, but they seem to have it pretty good.
What is your favorite "me- time" activity? Reading, or going on a walk alone-- gee, when was the last time the latter ever happened?!?!
Favorite TV shows: It seems like they've all been canceled, so there isn't much I'd admit to liking on the "free channels" other than Jeopardy! If I had cable, I'd watch Monk, House Hunters, lots of Game Show network, and reruns of The Cosby Show and Gilmore Girls.
What is your dream car? One that doesn't require gas, and comes with a chauffeur at my bid and call.
What is one of your weaknesses? Just one?!?! Being afraid of everything. And anything marked just "$1." :)
What do you fix for dinner when there's nothing to fix? Either my husband figures it out or we end up having macaroni and cheese or pancakes.
If you could live in a different decade/era which one would it be? Really none of them. I'm too much of a "house cat." I like my modern conveniences. I would like to visit the 40's (I like the clothes, hair, makeup), the 60's (great music), and Regency England (if I could hang out with Jane Austen).
Do you consider yourself outgoing? Oh, I wish!
What is something you are constantly working on? Accepting and managing my depression and anxiety.
What is a word or phrase you overuse? Ask my mom! Probably, "like," "ya know," "cute" or "whatever."
What was the hardest thing that happened to you this past year? The combo of moving to a new place I don't really care for, being so lonely, and another bout of deep depression were pretty **** bad.
What is the best thing that happened to you this past year? Getting to go to Lesotho, and also watching my little guy learn so many new things (such as how to say "I yuv you").
What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year? Finally finishing the New Testament.
The best piece of advice you learned this past year? Don't go off your medication without a doctor's supervision.
Who are you are going to tag to do this survey? Everyone who reads this post, consider yourself tagged!


4 comments:
YOU are too funny! I am so glad you have a blog. It really is the best way to keep in touch for me and I am so glad I can still count you as a close friend and get to know you better through blogging. Thanks for reminding me of Hickory Park- oh how I miss it:( I feel like commenting on each of your answers and relating, but I guess just know I love you and I will try to do this tag I think:)
You ARE a trip, Rachael, and I love you dearly!! But, I don't think you're taller than I am YET![lol] Other than that, I agree with everything you wrote. :o)
O O O O O & X X X X X
"Just PLEASE don't call me "RACH." I might have to resort to violence."
Just, like, five minutes before I read that, Mom was telling me how you hate that, 'cause on some show or other there was a chick called Rachael and they called her "Ray-CHELLLL." It was kind of amusing.
Also. You mentioned Jane Austen. I'm on page three of Pride and Prejudice as of yesterday. Just, y'know. So you know. >.>
[And I assume you're smart enough to figure out that this is in fact your deluverly awesome neice--niece?--But just to confirm.]
Post a Comment