Friday, April 4, 2008

Holidays...


I recently realized that if you were just guessing from the posts on my blog, it would look like we don't celebrate any holidays because I never post any photos or tell what we did. Partially that is because our family is spread all over the world and so our holiday celebrations are quite small compared to most people's. Also, being an uber-perfectionist, I would feel pressure to make it all cute and informative... so I just end up skipping the whole deal. I'm contemplating making a slide show of photos from all the Holidays in the last year, but that seems like it would take a while and I'm not quite up to that yet.

ANYWAY, we do celebrate holidays, of course. My little guy and I were without Daddy-O for Easter this year, but we did go to my Mom's (Gobby's)

and my oldest sister and her 3 gorgeous, brilliant girls were there for 2 days. (We sure wished his other aunties and cousins could have been with us! :( )


Little guy had his first visit from the Easter Bunny, from whom he got 2 new books for Church (about Jonah and Noah), a little bear,

and some eggs full of either fish crackers, m&ms, (generic) teddy grahams, or jelly beans.

Of course, he preferred the candy! I made him spread the treats over a few days, and boy was that traumatic on the first day.

Now every time he sees a basket with a handle, he asks if it's an "Easter Battick." When we said prayers that night, we had to say we were thankful for his "Easter Battick." I don't think he gets that Easter only comes once a year, because he just keeps asking for more "Easter Battick!!!"

2 comments:

Mom-mo said...

Well, we have about a year to (a) hope that the Shmoopster forgets about the CANDY, and (b) to figure out some tooth-friendly alternatives with which to fill his Easter basket nest year. Beautiful, healthy, natural teeth are too important/necessary for us to let him develop bad dental habits so young (and I ought to know!). Meanwhile, thanks for spending the holiday with me -- I loved all of the company.

Kaela said...

Fun Easter:) Too bad the daddy-o didn't get to be there! Nothing like mom and the rest of the family to fill the void though!!