I had noble intentions of posting many times, but just haven't been quite in the mood when I sit down at the keyboard. Since it's the end of the semester, my husband gets first dibs on the computer to do his enormous projects. We are all looking forward to May 7, when he can stop and breathe a little before he's back to working full-time and taking a summer class.
And of course, now the kiddo thinks he needs to use the computer, too. His primary interests are typing lots of "8888888888" and "0000000" (he now loves 0 almost as much as 8, thanks to "Chicka Chicka 1-2-3") and "jkjkj" type stuff on Word, playing "Keyboard-O-Rama" on sesameworkshop.org, and watching videos of his second cousin, Cora, on her blog. He also likes to listen to music from the internet, particularly the video of "Bubbly" I found on YouTube. When he sits down at the computer, he often asks, "Wherever you go?"
So the computer time I get is mainly when both of my guys are asleep (sigh), and although I should be sleeping as well, I tend to get caught up doing stupid stuff like playing Spider Solitaire or clicking on the inane celebrity news headlines that appear when I log out of my email account. And there are just so many of them out getting arrested and doing other idiotic stuff... I'm a little addicted and have no earthly idea why. It's so, so sad.
Other than that, my Mom came for a visit, which was great. My son absolutely ADORES his "Gobby," and often ignores me when she's around-- quite a change from his usual insistence on following me everywhere. I love that she puts up with my incessant talking and that she thinks my lame jokes are funny. It's a sad day for both of us when she goes back home.
I've also been reading a lot. April 13-19 was National Library Week, so I embraced my nerdiness and managed to read at least 3 books that week. I love that Alexander McCall Smith is so awesome that he has published a new No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency book during the week of my birthday every year for at least the past 3, so that it seems like a present just for me! I can't say that we went to the Library any more than our normal 2-3 times a week, but my Little Guy has informed me on at least 2 separate occasions that it is his "Favorite House."
Speaking of my little genius-in-training, he has now reached 22 months, and every day he surprises me with something new. I'll try to post soon about some of his more amusing talents, but now it is just SOOOOOOOOOO late and I need to take some new pictures, so I'll just tell you that we were recently outside playing with sidewalk chalk when, out of the blue, he taps his chest and says, "Doctor." I have no idea where this came from, so after a few seconds....
"Oh?" I asked. "Are you going to be a doctor when you grow up?"
"Yes."
"Really? Wow, that's great. But you can be anything you want to be, as long as it's moral and legal.* If you want, you could be a teacher, or a lawyer, or a mapmaker, or a scientist, or a writer, or an artist, or even a garbage man, if it makes you happy... Are you sure you don't want to be a champion hot dog eater?"
He gave me a look like, 'you are so weird, Mommy' and said, "No!"
He has since pointed to himself and said "Doctor" a few more times. So, there you have it, I've got a future doctor on my hands... I hope he's not planning on Mommy and Daddy paying for Medical School. I guess he'd better start saving!
*and of course, he knows exactly what that means! ;)

2 comments:
William and I do seem to have a "mutual admiration society" going. I feel bad that I didn't spend much time with him AND his map during this visit. I hope he doesn't interpret this as a lack of interest, on my part, in his geographical recognition skills!! (I think it's SUPER that he's learning about where so many countries are -- it may be a "small world after all," but there are a lot of different countries and people to learn about.)
Not to worry about your jokes, dear daughter. If they are lame, then so must be my sense of humor. (Many have suspected this for years.) Anyway, time with you is always time well spent.
OOO & XXX
Thanks for the update:) I missed ya! W. is really just too special! I believe he WILL be a doctor. And how great will this story be to tell when he graduates from medical school?! Good luck with the end of semester woes.
Post a Comment