Monday, April 7, 2008

Reading The Scriptures



As previously stated, our kid LOVES to look at books, any kind of books. In the past few months, his interest has extended to the Scriptures as well. At first, he would flip through the pages and say "water" over and over again. We decided it was because he must obviously be a spiritual genius and knew the Scriptures were the "living waters." :) Of course, he would also ask me to read to him, but shortly after I'd begin, he'd grab the book back from me. I guess I didn't pick the right verse?! ;)

Then one day, we heard him turning the pages and saying, "sack-a-men" (Sacrament) and "O God, Eternal Father" and we were again amazed. How does he know that is in the Scriptures?

About 2 weeks ago, as we read our nightly 6 verses, he looked through another volume and kept saying what sounded to me like, "ka-tuh-pass." Finally I realized he was saying "It came to pass..." So I guess this means he does listen when I'm reading, even if he's darting around the room and making lots of noise!

I finally got some video "evidence" of this, and thought I'd post it. As for his reciting of the numbers, I have no idea if he was actually seeing them or not. But every night when I start to read, I remind him which Chapter and verse we are reading, so I guess he's used to hearing me say these numbers!

Sorry for all the background noise. Daddy-O didn't know I was "filming." Also, let's hope Daddy-O forgives me for posting this. He said our house looks too messy. I say it could be A LOT worse!

4 comments:

Kaela said...

Once again... he amazes me!! That is adorable. Kaden tries to talk over us when we read scriptures and he just talks and talks (in his own language of course). His favorite is "prayer" which he does all on his own very fast and up to six times in a row sometimes:)

Kaela said...

Love the new slide show on the sidebar too!

Amy said...

that is amazing that some of his first words are from the scriptures..awesome!

shannon taylor said...

OH MY GOSH!! Just so you know how great you're doing... Cade says: cool, no, woo-hoo, mom, num num, yea, and maybe 3 other words!! Wow -- hopefully he'll mature a little before he sees William again one day!