One fun thing about having a child who repeats nearly everything you say is that you never know what he's going to remember and when. Sometimes when I tell him something I hear him repeat it almost as though he's just storing it away for future reference. (On the other hand, this is definitely causing me to think about what I'm saying, and what I'm exposing him to in the media...)
Lately, when I ask my son questions, I do still get a lot of the replies of "no," "okay," and "yes" that I am used to hearing. But other times I get some much more interesting and amusing responses. The other day, he handed me the book, Corduroy by Don Freeman. When I asked him if he wanted Mommy to read Corduroy to him, he answered, "Great. Great thinking, Mama!"
My other favorite is when he says, "Okay, sweetie." Tonight my husband and I had Temple Recommend Interviews. When Daddy-O thought I was about finished, he turned to the Kiddo and asked, "Are you ready to go home now?" My son's reply: "Okay, sweetie." Then he thought for a second and added, "Wait for Mama!"
As Daddy-O was putting him in his carseat, Kiddo said, "By me," which generally means he wants me to sit next to him. I asked him if that was what he wanted. His reply: "Okay, sweetie!"

No comments:
Post a Comment