One happy Daddy-O
My handsome guys
Daddy-O, Kiddo, and Ntate

Little me with my Daddy, big sisters, and Grandpa Martin
My husband asked me not to put a picture I took of him and Kiddo this weekend on the blog, although I thought it was adorable. But, technically, I don't think he asked me not to post ANY pictures of him, so.... In honor of Father's Day, I just want to say that he is such a great Daddy to our Kiddo. From Day One, he has jumped right in and cared for Kiddo in every way. Because I was in such bad shape after Kiddo was born, I don't think I changed a diaper for the first 4 or 5 days! After my doctors ordered me to sleep through the night, he was the one who ALWAYS woke with Kiddo for middle of the night feedings for 2 or 3 months. He takes Kiddo on walks, reads to him, sings with him, plays with him, prays with him, stays in Nursery with him when he cries, takes him to the Library, gives him baths... the list goes on and on. And there is NO ONE who can make Kiddo laugh like his Daddy-O! I am so grateful to have such a kind and loving father for our sweet little boy.
It was a bittersweet Father's Day for us, as it's the first one since my husband's father passed away. My father, unfortunately, died long before the age of digital photos, and I can only post this one that I have scanned that has both of us. But I am thankful for both of our fathers, who loved us unconditionally and always believed in us. I am grateful to have known both of them, however briefly, and look forward to the day when we will all be together again.
It was a bittersweet Father's Day for us, as it's the first one since my husband's father passed away. My father, unfortunately, died long before the age of digital photos, and I can only post this one that I have scanned that has both of us. But I am thankful for both of our fathers, who loved us unconditionally and always believed in us. I am grateful to have known both of them, however briefly, and look forward to the day when we will all be together again.

3 comments:
that last picture is a big time "keeper"!!
You and the kiddo are, indeed, blessed to have such a wonderful husband and father. As I have observed him honoring his own parents, I trust that his "days may be long upon the land."
Love you all!!
There is quite the resemblance between the 'daddy-o' and his daddy! Great pictures of great daddies!!
Post a Comment