Monday, June 16, 2008

Two Years Ago Today....




... I looked like this. My silly doctor, and her equally silly nurse, were just sure that I wouldn't make it to my due-date (the 19th), but Kiddo evidently had other plans. 5 days after this photo was taken, I was induced because my blood pressure was getting too high. I sometimes wonder how much longer I would have had to wait if my BP had remained stable. But I am grateful I didn't have to find out, because at this point, I felt I truly understood the expression "great with child!" Unfortunately, I made my poor mother wait an extra three weeks for me, and even then, the MD had to induce her!

Anyway, these are the last photos I have of me as a pregnant lady. I don't know if my sisters have any of me taken later than that or not. As Kiddo's birthday rapidly approaches, I find myself thinking back to those days before his birth when I wondered what he'd look like, what kind of person he would be. I could never have anticipated what the last two years have brought me, but I feel so amazingly blessed to get to be the mother of this adorable little boy.

2 comments:

shannon taylor said...

so sweet; I clearly remember when you looked like that. happy birthday to william! and congratulations mom and dad.

I hope primary is going great for you!

Kaela said...

I remember too:) Man you look good. You don't look anywhere near the 'about to pop' stage most people get too. I can't believe he will be TWO this Saturday! Where have our babies gone?!