Monday, September 22, 2008

Gotta love Primary!

I think I neglected to post that almost 2 months ago, I was released from the Primary Presidency and called to teach the CTR-7 class (kids turning 7 years old in 2008). Even though they are a noisy bunch who demand treats and do not seem to realize that they are supposed to walk WITH their teacher to the classroom, I do already love them dearly. They all have their own quirks and cute personalities. For instance, one little girl likes to pause for effect in the middle of a story she's telling, and say, "We-ell, let's just say..." and continue with something like "... that wasn't a great idea."

Yesterday, the kid who I would say generally has the best manners of the group was looking at me intently, I assumed because he was listening to me teach, and suddenly stated, "You're really pale!"

"Yep," I replied, "I sure am."

"Why?" one of the other children asked.

"Uh, well, I was born that way I guess." By then I think the whole class was staring at me, attempting to sum up the situation. Trying to move past the awkwardness, I said, hopefully lightly, "It's pretty scary, isn't it? I look kinda like a vampire, don't I?"

They laughed, but they didn't disagree.... hmm....

2 comments:

Mom-mo said...

Would you like a picture of you and your sisters to show to your Primary kids, so that they know your paleness is a family trait? (Your story sorta reminds me of little Alyssa Shoemaker's comment to me, back about 18 years ago: "You're pretty old, aren't you?") At least you've always known you were pale. If they start telling you you look like Kiddo's Grandma, then you may have a problem. ;o)
Love you!

Kaela said...

Not sure if you are a Twilight fan at all, but I've decided being a vampire wouldn't be so bad! Kids always say the darndest things!!