So, I haven't blogged much lately. Not a lot is going on here, really, except that the guys have icky colds and Daddy-O's grad school assignments are really eating into my computer time. Hmph! ;) And then there's Kiddo's recent feeling that HE needs to type too. He actually tried to push me off the chair this morning! Kiddo now has about 20 or so sight words now, and has learned to spell them all, too. So now he wants to type all those words every day. He gets very excited every time he sees the W for Word appear on the computer screen. But he gets a little impatient waiting for the program to load, so I've taught him to watch the hourglass until it pops up. Here's a photo of some of what he typed today. He doesn't totally get the concept of the spacebar yet, so the words run together. Can you find them? I count 14 that he made on purpose, 2 by accident.

Last week I found a book called Pizza at Sally's at the Library. Not only is the whole book about making pizza (one of the great joys of Kiddo's life), but there is also a page with lots of signs and Kiddo LOVES traffic signs. He even decided we needed to name the cat in the book, as well as the children in the "School Crossing" sign! However, the bad thing about this book (other than the cat helping to make the pizza-- yuck!!) is that the word PIZZA is repeated many, many times and now Kiddo can spell it, too. Daddy-O and I learned long ago that if we said "PIZZA," no matter how quietly, the kid would start begging for it. So, for about a year, we've been saying "p-i-z-z-a" instead. Ha, ha. Yeah, so now we have no code word for pizza. As my niece Emily pointed out, it's not like you can even say it in a different language, because it seems that the whole world calls it the same thing. I had thought that one of the good things about being so much older than my kid was that I'd be able to spell things so he wouldn't know what I was talking about. But it's all over now. We're going to try spelling it backwards, but it's only a matter of time I guess, before he figures that out too. Sheesh.
The other thing preventing me from blogging is that I joined Facebook last week and have been spending LOTS of time on that. Probably too much time. At least that's what my back, neck, and wrists have been telling me. But I tell you, that Facebook is addictive! It has been so fun to find friends who I haven't seen in years! And then there are all these dumb little things that you can add to your profile that are sorta fun, even though they're hardly necessary. The sad thing is that I'm a horrible correspondent, and now I have even more people I want to stay in contact with so I suppose I'll be even worse now. :( I apologize. I love you all. Really I do. And, hey, if you love me back, even just a little, leave a comment, okay? :)
"You can do it! I know you can!"
Last week I found a book called Pizza at Sally's at the Library. Not only is the whole book about making pizza (one of the great joys of Kiddo's life), but there is also a page with lots of signs and Kiddo LOVES traffic signs. He even decided we needed to name the cat in the book, as well as the children in the "School Crossing" sign! However, the bad thing about this book (other than the cat helping to make the pizza-- yuck!!) is that the word PIZZA is repeated many, many times and now Kiddo can spell it, too. Daddy-O and I learned long ago that if we said "PIZZA," no matter how quietly, the kid would start begging for it. So, for about a year, we've been saying "p-i-z-z-a" instead. Ha, ha. Yeah, so now we have no code word for pizza. As my niece Emily pointed out, it's not like you can even say it in a different language, because it seems that the whole world calls it the same thing. I had thought that one of the good things about being so much older than my kid was that I'd be able to spell things so he wouldn't know what I was talking about. But it's all over now. We're going to try spelling it backwards, but it's only a matter of time I guess, before he figures that out too. Sheesh.
The other thing preventing me from blogging is that I joined Facebook last week and have been spending LOTS of time on that. Probably too much time. At least that's what my back, neck, and wrists have been telling me. But I tell you, that Facebook is addictive! It has been so fun to find friends who I haven't seen in years! And then there are all these dumb little things that you can add to your profile that are sorta fun, even though they're hardly necessary. The sad thing is that I'm a horrible correspondent, and now I have even more people I want to stay in contact with so I suppose I'll be even worse now. :( I apologize. I love you all. Really I do. And, hey, if you love me back, even just a little, leave a comment, okay? :)
"You can do it! I know you can!"

No comments:
Post a Comment