Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More funnies from Kiddo


I just love to hear what Kiddo will say next. Here's a few of his recent quips:
  • On the bus to the Library yesterday, "My friend is Mommy... and Daddy."
  • At the Library, by the puppet show booth, "I'm scared of the puppets!"
  • During breakfast today, "B is for Bagel!"
  • To the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It," I always sing something like, "You're the cutest little Kiddo in the world. You're the funniest little Kiddo in the world. You are the smartest Kiddo in the whole wide world. You're my favorite Kiddo in the whole wide world." When I get to the part about him being the funniest, he's started agreeing, "That's right." Ah, yes, I'm doing a great job of teaching him to be humble.
  • Our street has HORRIBLE uneven, broken sidewalks that are often littered (by people leaving the gas station, I suppose). I was pushing Kiddo in his stroller this afternoon, when we approached a particularly hazardous spot. "Be careful, Mommy!" he called out.
  • I was drinking a glass of pop, and (gasp) accidentally burped. Before I had a chance to say anything, he sweetly scolded, "Excuse me, Mommy!"
  • But I think my favorite of the day was while we were on our walk. A man walking toward us was wearing a red and white football jersey with the number 88 emblazoned on the front. "Look!" Kiddo cried, "Eighty-eight!" I agreed that yes, the man was wearing #88 on his shirt. "AWESOME!" he breathed. As the completely oblivious man passed us, Kiddo turned around in his stroller to watch the jersey going away. "That's really cool."

1 comment:

Mom-mo said...

It's always fun to read what Kiddo has to say about his 'world' and the people in it. His 'take' on things is so individualized and (usually) humorous. I love that you share so that I don't have to miss out so much on what he's doing!!