Have you seen this guy? You know, the one who sleeps peacefully for several hours each night, and takes a nice healthy nap each afternoon?

The child who fell asleep on his own, sometimes so tired he could sleep in the oddest positions (yes, even after insisting we must not remove the shoes) and not even wake when we moved him?

It seems he has been abducted by aliens or something and replaced with this kid. You know, the one who leaves miles of messes in his wake? The one who wants to live it up all day, all night?

The child left in his place wants to party, party, party all the time and has no desire to let the Mama sleep!

This child has seemingly no end to his stores of energy and excitement. He is very cute, but more than exhausting. I am wondering if he has some serious demands, and he is trying to wear me down until I am ready to concede.
If you see my real Kiddo, the one who will cuddle a bit and then settle down and rest a while, please send him home! I miss him terribly, and I'm afraid his alien clone is going to send me to an early grave.
If you're wondering, this is the main reason I haven't commented on anyone's blog in a long time. I apologize. I'm just too tired for words. All I can think to say is to reiterate that you are all wonderful and your kids are beautiful. I hope they are all letting you get a good night's sleep, and maybe even a nice little nap here and there.
The child who fell asleep on his own, sometimes so tired he could sleep in the oddest positions (yes, even after insisting we must not remove the shoes) and not even wake when we moved him?
It seems he has been abducted by aliens or something and replaced with this kid. You know, the one who leaves miles of messes in his wake? The one who wants to live it up all day, all night?
The child left in his place wants to party, party, party all the time and has no desire to let the Mama sleep!
This child has seemingly no end to his stores of energy and excitement. He is very cute, but more than exhausting. I am wondering if he has some serious demands, and he is trying to wear me down until I am ready to concede.
If you see my real Kiddo, the one who will cuddle a bit and then settle down and rest a while, please send him home! I miss him terribly, and I'm afraid his alien clone is going to send me to an early grave.
If you're wondering, this is the main reason I haven't commented on anyone's blog in a long time. I apologize. I'm just too tired for words. All I can think to say is to reiterate that you are all wonderful and your kids are beautiful. I hope they are all letting you get a good night's sleep, and maybe even a nice little nap here and there.

3 comments:
I'm sorry to say that you have just found out what it will be like for the next few years. Morgan is somewhat like Kiddo in that he has untold amounts of energy, once he started to talk (which was late) he has not stopped. He does sleep, but never during the day anymore, and until very recently I had to lay down with him at night to get him to stop talking to himself long enough to go to sleep. I feel for you as I know what you have ahead of you. And while we are on the subject of sleep, I would like to remind anyone reading how much of a bad idea it is to let your child sleep in your bed. You will never get it back. And I don't know about your kids, but once mine do fall asleep, they seem to move more than when they are awake. Morgan has this habit of trying to get his feet tucked under my back. I guess he's cold.
that's a fun trick for toddlers to pull...you think they've got the perfect sleeping routine down and then-bam! they act as though they never took a nap in their life. just keep repeating, "this too will pass..."
Wish I could offer some insight on the cause of -- and 'treatment' for -- Kiddo's wakefulness. If he had a playmate, maybe he'd at least wear himself out without wearing you out at the same time.
Love you both!
Post a Comment