Not much is going on here.
My husband says I'm bugging him with all this typing noise, so I guess that's all for now. We hope you're having a great summer!
- Kiddo is still smart, still cute, still stubbornly independent.
- Daddy-O finished his summer class.
- It's been, as I like to say, too hot for humans this month, so we've been staying hidden in our house and I am still perhaps the palest person you've ever seen.
- I'm at least trying to not say cr*p in front of Kiddo, even though I still don't think it's a bad word. I'm relieved that 50% of you agree with me on this issue and will do my best to not offend the 20% who vehemently disagree. I've been trying to find a better word. Daddy-O favors "crikey," and it's hilarious to hear Kiddo say that. However, the origins of that expression are questionable, so I'm sort of leaning toward fiddly-wah-diddly. I'm actually not sure how you spell that.
- I have completed 1,777 pages of my library books, so that leaves a mere 2,298 to go. I have been good and not checked out any new books for myself, but I have not been so good about Kiddo's books and CDs. Thus, I still have 47 items checked out from the Library. Don't judge me.
- Speaking of the Library, we've completed their Summer Reading goal by having read to Kiddo for 24 hours-- not all at once, of course. ;) It's starting to show, as he is now memorizing his favorite books ("A told B and B told C..." "...he was sent to bed without eating anything..." "and those were the first words Trixie ever said..."). Tomorrow he should get his little certificate of completion or whatever other lame prize they're handing out. And trust me, their prizes are almost all really, really lame.
- Our town built another new Wal-Mart, the fanciest I've ever seen. It's gorgeous inside and out, for a Walmart, anyway, and yet... still full of Rednecks. We have a very large contingency of Rednecks here.
- I have decided to wait until August 1st to change my profile photo (*see post entitled "Any suggestions?"). Add your opinion now or forever hold your peace.
- When asked to predict the winner of the 2008 Presidential election based solely on their photos, Kiddo informed us that while he "likes" McCain, our next Commander-in-Chief will be Barack Obama. My guess is that he just likes the sound of Barack Obama, and it sure sounds cute when he says it. You heard it here first, folks.
My husband says I'm bugging him with all this typing noise, so I guess that's all for now. We hope you're having a great summer!

1 comment:
Congrats to the little "Whiz Kid" (and parents) for finishing the library reading program!! Congrats to the Handsome Husband for finishing his summer class!! And a special congratulations to Rachael for all of the reading and (drum roll, please) managing to visit the library without checking out any more reading materials for herself!!!! [I've known her her whole life and, believe me, this is a notable achievement for her!] Love you all dearly!
Post a Comment