What you all really want is an update on Chief Kiddo. And since he is cuter and more interesting than I am, I suppose I'll have to oblige. Generally, I'd say he's still his same brilliant but stubborn little self. I told Daddy-O this morning that we have to pray Mr. Smarty-Pants uses his powers for good and not evil as he grows. Here are some highlights of the past few weeks:
- He's loving all the Little Quack books, the Gerald and Piggie books, and a book called The Napping House.
- He's suddenly requesting Arthur videos, which seem a bit grown up for him, yet he cracks up every time he watches them.
- He is still having fits about getting his way. When I tell him, "No tantrums!" he says, "Tantrums, yes!" >:(
- Last night when we told him to eat his veggies, he refused, then said, "GOING DOWN!" and catapulted his plate off the side of his high chair. Lovely. But you know he picked up every one of those blasted little peas and carrots!
- He still gets a big thrill out of going to the gas station and getting a "cookie treat" ( 59 cent pkg. of Grandma's Oatmeal Raisin cookies)
- After a brief monochromatic stage, he's back to drawing from the whole rainbow again. I think he was wanting to be like Harold and the Purple Crayon for a while there.
- He is memorizing the play lists of his favorite CDs. For example, "What's song number 3? 'Peggy Sue!' Song number eleven is.... 'Think it Over!'" He wants to apply this to the hymnbook, too, but Peggy Sue et. al. just aren't in there.
- He now recognizes all numbers up to 100. Don't ask me how. I don't know. I just have seen him point out 47, 35, 77, 82, 83, and so on and so on in a variety of situations. On Sunday he evidently started at Hymn # 50 and read the numbers up to 100. I started paying attention at 82 and just about fell out of the pew.
- He has spent the last two Sundays in Nursery BY HIMSELF. FINALLY! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!
- His favorite color is still red, his favorite number is still 8, he still loves his maps, and he still requests Pizza nearly every day .
- On Saturday at the Library, we asked him if he wanted to go do the Storytime craft since he had left the actual story part early (for being TOO LOUD!). I reminded him that he'd get to use stickers. His response? "Stickers? He knows stickers!" and then toddling off to the Story room. (I believe this is a paraphrase from I am Invited to a Party by our favorite, Mo Willems.)
- He loves Chap-Stik. See picture above.
- Without my really noticing, he learned the Second Article of Faith (Basic beliefs of our church). I finally got it recorded yesterday-- you'll notice, he prefers to do the 1st, then the 2nd. Don't you just love that face?!

4 comments:
a.maz.ing. Brilliant and adorable AND spiritual?! Cute video. I feel so privileged to know you guys:)
Scary smart!!! What a cutie-pa-tootie!!!
William is so smart. I'm amazed about recognizing his numbers to 100. That's awesome. You have a little smarty pants!
okay...he is way too smart!! I like how he says, "..and NOT for Adam's transgression."
Post a Comment