Friday, May 30, 2008

I hate tornado watches!


ARGH! Being the nerd I am, I've been super-excited about the finals of the National Spelling Bee airing on ABC tonight. This is actually the one channel that we get that is always clear, so it's quite the event for me. But now they're issuing a tornado warning, so I guess I'd better head to the basement. Let's hope this all goes away in the next 49 minutes, eh?

By the way, if you like documentaries, and I do, check out Spellbound! It's about eight real kids competing in the National Bee, and it's highly entertaining. I loved it. Akeelah and the Bee is also good, but it's fiction, if that matters to ya. Bee Season, however, was very strange and I don't recommend it.

Well, let's hope the tornado doesn't eat me while I'm blogging! BYE, GUYS and GALS!!!

UPDATE (10 p.m.): I got to see about FOUR spellers before the weatherman took over for the next TWO HOURS. I swear that the Midwest is a dream location for TV meteorologists!!! They get to interrupt scheduled programming all year long, even if it's a season finale or a one-time only airing. ARGH! I am so peeved!!!

1 comment:

Kaela said...

I love watching spelling bees too. I think my favorite speller I've ever watched was this girl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ep8KOR284&feature=related. I enjoyed Akeelah and the Bee too and am going to have to rent Spellbound now:)